Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Javascript Comparison

Default Javascript Comparison

I hope someone can help me with this....... I just can't work out why it doesn't work.

See the simple attached transformation. I am comparing the current value with a previous value (which are the same), but the Javascript step never seems to think the values are the same.

Thanks for any help...
    Tom
    Attached Files Attached Files

You have to add lReference in the variables grid (press Get Variables button)

For comparing with the previous row you can also use the Analytic Query step.

mc

Thanks for the response, although I have added lReference to the variables but it hasn't made any difference.

From the Alert step before the "if" statement I can see that the two values are the same, so I can't understand why it is falling in to the "else" part.
    Does it work for you if you add the variable to the list of variables?

Quote Originally Posted by thomascl View Post
    Thanks for the response, although I have added lReference to the variables but it hasn't made any difference.

From the Alert step before the "if" statement I can see that the two values are the same, so I can't understand why it is falling in to the "else" part.
    Does it work for you if you add the variable to the list of variables?
    I ran into the same problem.. there is a workaround but according to the documentation "All the values that are coming from the data row are Java objects, so a compare between values with "=", ">", "<" etc. will not work." It's necessary to use the compare methods that are specific to the Java object like:
    1. string.equals(otherString)
    2. string.equalsIgnoreCase(otherString)
    3. parseInt(num)==parseInt(num2)

documentation link: http://wiki.pentaho.com/display/EAI/...a+Script+Value

(y)
    Last edited by k01; 12-05-2013 at 04:43 PM.