Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pentaho 3.5 - Sub actions for data sets for subreports dont work

Default Pentaho 3.5 - Sub actions for data sets for subreports dont work

Hi,

I use subactions to get data sets which i then pass to a report for use in a subreport.

This seems to be broken in 3.5, i just get the usual not very useful error when sub actions fail:

Error: RuntimeContext.ERROR_0012 - ActionDefinition for SubActionComponent did not execute successfully (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    Debug: audit: instanceId=5b52505a-87f2-11de-a071-39569ee8c7d5, objectId=org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext, messageType=action_sequence_failed (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    Error: SolutionEngine.ERROR_0007 - Action sequence execution failed (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.SolutionEngine)

Help! Just about all of my reports use this construct.

Also; I dont know whether support are handling issues in 3.5 yet? Should i send this through them? It used to be that beta software was handled here?

Thanks,
    Dan

In fact, I have another report which uses no sub actions, but gets a data set for a subreport and passes it through to pentaho reporting, and this fails too, in that the subreport doesnt appear.

So something around subreports, xactions and data sets is pretty broken.

Doh; Ignore that, i've fixed the subaction problem.

Now just got to work out why my subreports arnt appearing, possibly this warning:

11:13:35,385 WARN [CascadingDataFactory] Deprecated behavior: None of the data-factories was able to handle this query. Returning empty tablemodel instead of failing hard.

Hmm.

The legacy DataFactory that actually calls the Sub-Actions was invalid. When asked whether it can handle a certain query, it did not check for the sub-actions, and thus said No. And at that point, we dont fire the query, as we assume the datafactory knows what it was talking about.

This was fixed recently (7th of August), but apparently did not make it into the RC1.

For existing reports, the rule is: You dont have to change a single bit. They should work exactly as in the old releases. If they dont its a bug.
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.

Doh!

Where exactly is that fix? can I download a daily build and patch my RC1 or something?

The fix is in the pentaho-action-plugins or so (where the old JFreeReportComponent sits).

The daily builds should be a good source for a build of that jar:

http://ci.pentaho.com

But there seem to be troubles with the build right now, so someone in Orlando has to look at it.
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.

ok thanks, i'll keep an eye on that.

i see it's fixed now; However i dont see an existing pentaho-bi-platform-plugin-actions.jar to replace within the 3.5 platform?

yes, i see that; However I dont see a jar of the same name to replace within the bi server. So dropping it in wont fix the problem will it?