Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: pic in table header, Totals line on the top and more

Question pic in table header, Totals line on the top and more

Hi fellow Pentaho users

I have been now working for some time on developing reports with Pentaho 1.7 and I have several questions:

1. The reports that I am dealing with are just plain table based reports. So first question is how can I put an image in the table header instead of some color.
    2. The Totals line appears to be always after the report content. Is it possible in the report template itself to move the Totals line after the header but before the content. I guess one way would be for it to be static and just return the numbers in the separate field but this just seems unworkable because I would need to have undetermined number of fields. So is there a way to do something like that?
    3. Last question: Is it possible to display some other html if there has been no records and if so how. How can I know if the query actually returned rows. I guess I can execute the query before the call to Pentaho but is there any other way?

Thanks and Best regards
    Pavel

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

1. have a look at wiki: http://wiki.pentaho.com/display/Reporting/image-field The reports I made didn't contain background images, and it is not good idea if you are going to use different export formats.

2. I don't know what do you mean by Total line, can only assume it is kind of sub-total, which is implemented in <group-footer>. There is no problem to move it to <group-header> to achive totals at the top and details below.

have a nice day,
    -Alex

point 3 - can't you use the "no data band" for this?