Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Clustering in Pentaho

Default Clustering in Pentaho

Hi All,
    I am facing some problem with pentaho Clustering.
    First i will explain what i am doing ; i created 2 slave server
    Slave 1: Made as Master this machine has database i.e it has repository
    Slave 2: It is another machine

After this i created a cluster configuration by selecting both master and slave server and made the complete transformation to run on cluster by right and cluster option.

I ran the carte.bat file in both machine specifying the IP & Port.

I can see carte running using the http://IPortNo

Now my problem is when i run my transformation , it says :
    there is an error during transformation split Connection refused: connect

Please let me know if i am doing something wrong here.

Also , i don't know why clustering is applied only to transformations and why not to jobs ?
    Is it possible to run the transformation on cluster which are part of job ?

Thanks in Advance

Regards,
    Chittora

DEinspanjer Guest

Double check your configuration. Make sure you entered the hostname and port numbers of the two carte servers correctly in the Transformation.
    Double check that the all the machines (including the one from which you are attempting to launch the transformation) are able to communicate with each other. You should be able to ping and tellnet to the port that carte is listening on.

All the steps in a transformation run in parallel. Clustering extends this concept. Job entries run one after the other. You can configure a sub-job to run on a specific carte server by enabling that option on the sub-job entry's configuration dialog.

Quote Originally Posted by DEinspanjer View Post
    Double check your configuration. Make sure you entered the hostname and port numbers of the two carte servers correctly in the Transformation.
    Double check that the all the machines (including the one from which you are attempting to launch the transformation) are able to communicate with each other. You should be able to ping and tellnet to the port that carte is listening on.

All the steps in a transformation run in parallel. Clustering extends this concept. Job entries run one after the other. You can configure a sub-job to run on a specific carte server by enabling that option on the sub-job entry's configuration dialog.
    ===============================
    HI ,
    I did the same as told by you but still facing the same problem ... no idea how to fix it .. if you have any working transformation with this please upload
    Thanks in advance

--
    Chittora

DEinspanjer Guest

It wouldn't really help to upload a transformation. The problem you are having is most likely because you aren't starting up the multiple carte servers correctly.

There are some sample clustering transformations and scripts included with the Kettle distribution, but honestly, I don't know where the documentation for them lives so I can't give you any tips on running them.