Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: how to use design studio to generate dynamic report and read it in the code

Default how to use design studio to generate dynamic report and read it in the code

Hello every ,

I am use the pentaho report designer 3.0.0 , Now I have a problem .

I have use the pentaho report designer 3.0.0 , and the pentaho-reporting-engine-classic-0.8.9.11 , now I am using the pentaho report designer to design the report , and then publish it to local computer to generate the xml file , at last import the xml file in my program .

It works very well in the static columns report .But now I want to generate reports with a dynamic number of columns . I know it is impossible in the pentaho report designer 3.0.0 , but I find an article in the webside of http://wiki.pentaho.com/display/COM/Dynamically+Generating+a+Cross+Tab+Report%2C+Part+1 , it said that the pentaho design studio can do this .

But I have an problem that the pentaho design studio generate the .xaction files . Is it can be read in the program like .xml file ? How can I do that . I also find that there is no help documents of pentaho design studio , and I can’t find the forums about the pentaho design studio .

Now this is my question , can I use the pentaho design studio to design the dynamic column report , then read the generate file in my program or read the generate in the pentaho report designer ?

I hope someone can help me .You can give me the advise or you can tell me how to find the answer , where to find the help documents about pentaho design studio , the way to read the .xaction file in the program or how to generate the .report file or xml file in the pentaho design studio . I have so much question ,so I really hope someone can help me . Thanks very much.

Default some question about the Pentaho 3.5 RC2

And I have use the Pentaho 3.5 RC2 , and I find that the pentaho report designer 3.5 RC2 is the same as CITRUS-M5, they are all generate the .prpt file .The structure is not the same as the pentaho report designer 3.0.0 , and It cann’t publish to local computer to generate .xml file. So how can I do if I want to generate the .xml file in the pentaho report designer 3.5 RC2.