Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem with SimpleReportingComponent

Default Problem with SimpleReportingComponent

Hi,

we are just testing BIServer 3.5RC1 and habe created an Report with ReportDesigner 3.5RC2.

The Reports works fine, but when we try to create an Xaction including this Report using the SimpleReportingComponent, we are not able to execute this XAction on BIServer.

When we start the XAction, we get the following Error:

RuntimeContext.ERROR_0021 - Ungültiger Outputparameter outputstream wurde während <XAction-Name> abgefragt.
    Can anyone help us?

Did anyone get an X-Action with a "SimpleReportingComponent"-Entry to work?

surely you need to match the server and report designer version.. you certainly can't have a server older than the client designer as you seem to have.

We are using BIServer 3.5-RC2 now.

Same error. Can anyone help?

It might be helpful to actually post the XAction to let us see what you've written there. A error message alone does not tell that much (other than that there is an error, what a surprise )
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.

I have reported a bug at jira:

http://jira.pentaho.com/browse/BISERVER-3583

So why is your "outputs" section empty? And why do you expect to use a undeclared output in the component then?

Use
    Code:
    <outputs>
       	  <outputstream type="content">
       		  <destinations>
       			 <response>content</response>
       		  </destinations>
       	  </outputstream>
    	</outputs>
    and in the simple-reporting-component:

Code:
    <action-outputs>
       <outputstream type="content"/>
    </action-outputs>
    The XAction system will *never* automatically declare inputs or outputs for you. If you use something that is undeclared, then it will complain and refuse to work.
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.

Ok, i got it to work now, but it's not really clear to me, why it work's like this.

When i create the Report-Process-Action, i thought, that i can declare *any* name as "Output Report Name" and use it in the "Process Output" Section.

So, i insert "reportResult" in the field "Output Report Name". After that, i add this in the "Process Output"-Section.

What happened in the XML-Source Code is the following:

In the Simple Reporting Component:
    <action-outputs>
    <outputstream type="content" mapping="reportResult"/>
    </action-outputs>

and

<outputs>
    <reportResult type="content"/>
    </outputs>

in the Outputs-Section.

Ok, so now i think i have to declare an output Destination for the Output "reportResult", so i add a row of Destination: "Response" the name is automatically filled by the outputName "ReportResult".

As an end-user there is no reason for me to change any of this values, but this produces the following XML-Source Code:

In the Simple-Reporting-Component:
    <action-outputs>
    <outputstream type="content" mapping="reportResult"/>
    </action-outputs>

and in the Outputs-Section:

<outputs>
    <reportResult type="content">
    <destinations>
    <response>reportResult</response>
    </destinations>
    </reportResult>
    </outputs>

But this one is not working.

To make it work, i have to change the Value of the "Output Report Name" to "outputstream", update the "Process Output" to the same name and change the name of the output destination to "content".

I don't understand, why i have to set specific values in this fields to make it work. Can anyone explain it to me?

Default I've same problem

I've been worked with this tips, however, I don't want see the report as result, I want just send by email instead.

When I remove "outputstream" of output section from the xaction, the report fails.

I have a "Email" proccess just after the "Pentaho Report", and it only works if I remove the attach report.

What can I do ?

My version is prd-3.5.0-RC2.10067

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

I also have this problem. How can I use a result generate by prpt?