Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Error Messgae: Pentaho Metadata Editor - Unable to load query

Default Error Messgae: Pentaho Metadata Editor - Unable to load query

I have download Metadata Editor 3.0 (pme-ce-3.0.0.stable1.tar.gz) and use ./metadata-editor.sh to launch it. I got following error messgae:

./metadata-editor.sh
    INFO 14-09 15:51:33,753 - Using "/tmp/vfs_cache" as temporary files store.
    ERROR 14-09 15:51:35,550 - Pentaho Metadata Editor - Unable to load query : java.io.FileNotFoundException: /Users/bai9ps/.pentaho-meta/.query (No such file or directory)
    Unable to find kettle engine jar file to set build date. (ignored)

Do this message matter?

I have tried pme-ce-2.0.0.stable1.tar.gz. I got same error message.

Thanks for your help in advance.

And also I have another issue. When I get into Business Table Properties window, I add a Fornula and check the "Is the Formula Exact" button. After I click OK, I re-open Business Table Properties window again. The "Is the Formula Exact" button is un-checked.

Thanks for your help.

wgorman Guest

Hi,

Are you running on a Mac? I recall hearing about an issue with checkboxes not taking, I'll check with a couple of are mac guys tomorrow to see how they worked around the issue. One suggestion is to make sure you are using Java 1.5 vs. Java 1.6.

Regarding the .query file not being found, you can safely ignore that message. The MQL Query Editor looks for that file for a saved state.

Will

Thanks for your help.

Yes, I am running MAC OSX 10.4. Java version is 1.5.0_19.

Please provide me a workaround.

Thanks.

wgorman Guest

I just spoke with a mac user here, they mentioned they have heard about that problem on Macs with SWT and check boxes within Metadata Editor. I'm not aware of an open JIRA case, if you create a case on our JIRA system you can watch and vote for it, and it will appear in our weekly triage process.

Thanks,

Will

Thanks Will. I just found that somebody has already report in JIRA under title "Column checkbox settings lose state in the editor (OS X)". I have voted this issue.

Is there possible a workaround?

By the way, I just received your new book ordered from Amazon a moment ago. I have not got a chance to read it. But thanks for writing this book for us.

Thanks for your help.

wgorman Guest

Thanks for ordering the book! I hope you find it useful!

For anyone else searching the forums, the bug id is PMD-573 and is slated to be fixed for SUGAR, our next release.

Will