Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: how to use/include parameter-template.html file into the prpt report file?

Default how to use/include parameter-template.html file into the prpt report file?

Hi,

I am using bi-server and report designer 3.5 version. I want to display the parameters in customized way. The report designer is producing prpt file. I have extracted the file. I don't have idea to include the parameter-template.html file into the datadefinition.xml file or where to include....?

I tried to use the old xaction report way, it is giving error.

Any body help me for this.

Thanks & Regards,
    p.karikalan.

You can still use XActions, just make sure you use the new simple-reporting-component instead of the JFreeReportComponent. At this time, if you want to customize how your parameters are rendered, you have to use XActions, there is no way to template or layout parameters in PRD-Citrus.
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.

Hi Taque,

Thank you so much for your response.

I created the xaction file for the prpt file and included the template.htm file inside using the pentaho report process, but its not working I am getting the attached error.

But using pojo component it works well, i.e with out include the template.htm.

Please help me to solve this issue.

I checked with forum for this error, I found the following thread, but I did not get any solution using the thread explanation

http://forums.pentaho.org/archive/in...p/t-62015.html

Regards,
    p.karikalan.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Error: org.pentaho.actionsequence.dom.ActionInputConstant cannot be cast to org.pentaho.actionsequence.dom.ActionInput (org.pentaho.platform.plugin.action.jfreereport.JFreeReportComponent)

This seems to indicate that you have an error in your XAction.

And as second point: PRPT reports should not be used in conjunction with the JFreeReportComponent. They will not work properly with this component, use the SimpleReportingComponent instead. The JFreeReportComponent will remove all your datasources from the prpt-report and will not parametrize the report properly (as the ancient *.xml reports did not have parameters).
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.

Hi Taque,

Thank you for the response. I am using the following pentaho versions for this query.

pds-ce-linux-3.5.0-RC2 - For creating xaction file
    prd-ce-3.5.0-RC2 - Fore creating prpt report
    biserver-ce-3.5.0.RC2 - For using.

After your response I used the SimpleReportingComponent. I am not getting the result, but there is no error. I have given debug mode.

I have attached the pentaho.log file for your review.

In the mysql.log I have seen the xaction file parameter query executed, I did not see any log for the prpt query.

After followed two other thread only I am asking this. Before follow this thread some error came.

http://forums.pentaho.org/showthread.php?p=222442
    http://forums.pentaho.org/showthread.php?t=72223

Please help me to resolve this.

P.S : If I execute the prpt file alone in biserver it works well.

Thanks & Regards,
    p.karikalan
    Attached Files Attached Files