Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: How to integrate html and jsp pages in pentaho-solutions?

Default How to integrate html and jsp pages in pentaho-solutions?

Hi,
    Usually we use an online form to input campaign tracking data. Now that we have set up pentaho, I would like to integrate just this form. Basically mey idea is to have a seperate folder in the solution repository where the user can then access the form.
    I tried to copy the files in this new folder, but when I go online, I cannot see the files there (even after refreshing). Is there a way to do this?
    Thanks,
    Diddy

Hi,

the solution repository is not part of a web application, in regards to Tomcat, it is a file structure on the host system that is used by the pentaho web application. If you want to integrate your own html files you have to put them somwhere, where they can be picked up by Tomcat, eg. the pentaho folder under bi-server/tomcat/webapps. But that way they won't be seen in the solution navigation.

Altenatively you yould use CDF, Community Dashboard Framework. it is HTML based and you could create a new dashboard in the solution repository and paste in your HTML code and take it from there. A dashboard will be part of the navigation.

Hope that gives you some ideas to work with.

Hi Ingo,
    Thanks a lot for your reply! I was already thinking about using the CDF for that purpose, but I thought there would be an easier solution. Anyway, CDF will definitely help.
    Thanks,
    Diddy

pstoellberger Guest

i would place the JSP's in the webapps/WEB-INF/jsp folder , probably modify the web.xml accordingly and then place an URL in the solutions folder which points to somethign like MyJspServletName?myParam1=value1

check out the "old" way of CDF calling. there was an .url file as well.

old cdf: http://code.google.com/p/pentaho-cdf...gs/3.0-Lisbon/

old .url file sample: http://code.google.com/p/pentaho-cdf..._dashboard.url

check out what the patches folder does + what the url file does.. i think you can do it the same way

Thanks a lot for your hint! This sounds good! I'll have a look at it!
    Best regards,
    Diddy