Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: list prompt ?

Default list prompt ?

Hello,

How to create a list prompt in a report ?

Do i need to create a parameter for the report in sql in report studio, and edit the Xaction file in eclipse define process tab(design studio) and change the prompt type to list ? is this the correct process? i tried it but when i test the xaction it's showing text field only . i am new to pentaho, please help...

In PRD 3.5 you should not need an xaction. You can just define the parameter in the report designer then send it to the datasource. All within the report.

Harris
    www.ivy-is.co.uk - Ivy Information Systems

Come join the non official Pentaho IRC chat room on irc.freenode.net in the ##pentaho channel

Does it means we dont have the concept of Xactions , Design Studio in 3.5 version. All the customizations can be done in Report Designer ?

XActions and the design-studio are still there for those who need it. But standard-parameters are now part of the report-definition itself, so that you can edit them from within the report-designer and thus reduce the need for XActions.
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.

Can i download the Report Designer 3.5 and use it directly with 'biserver-ce-3.0.0-STABLE' ? or i need to download the complete 3.5 suite ?

Thank you so much for the information provided so far...

To answer that question, let me resort to a little story:
    http://www.sherito.org/?p=94
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.

wvaibhav Guest

Default List prompt

Hi Akhil,

Assume that you are using pentaho 3.5, here most of the parameterization is done through report designer itself. So no need of xaction file. You can do this from Data -> Add parameter link. Add a new data source query which suits your report, fill the appropriate blanks and use ${parameter name} at appropriate location in your main query for list/ drop down etc. You should get a success.

Best luck

Vaibhav Kumar