Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Using ItemHideFunction in prd 3.5.0 RC2

Unhappy Using ItemHideFunction in prd 3.5.0 RC2

Hi all,

I'm trying to use the ItemHideFunction to hide repeated values that displays in my columns. I followed the advises given in the following post

http://forums.pentaho.org/showthread...repeated+items

In that forum Taqua wrote

"The function compares the current field value with the previous value. If the value is the same, it hides the element, else the element is made visible. The element is also printed at the beginning of a group or after a pagebreak has been detected."

But when I try to use this function in my report everything works fine except that, when I have the page break, the repeated value isn't printed in the first line immediately after the page break (as I expected) but in the second. Is that a bug or am I missing something?

Kind regards

Sergio

Is there someone out there that can give me some hints about this problem? I greatly will appreciate

File a bug report in JIRA or rather check first if it has been created already. If Taqua says it should print after a page-break and it doesn't then it seems to be a bug.

There's a sample report for this in this thread. And after looking at it again it seems like there's indeed a bug; if you set the Ignore All Page Breaks value to False the label is shown after the page break (which is correct) but then again for the next detail row.