Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: New Dashboard

Default New Dashboard

All good afternoon.
    I have loaded Pentaho biserver3.5 from a site sourceforge.net. I start biserver (the operating system - opensuse). I don't have button "new dashboard", as on demo.pentaho.com. How to me to create new dashboard?
    Thanks.

The demo is the Enterprise version. You have the community edition. Either buy the full version or check out the CDF and its dashboard designer.

Tom
    This is a signature.... everyone gets it.

Join the Unofficial Pentaho IRC channel on freenode.
    Server: chat.freenode.net Channel: ##pentaho

Please try and make an effort and search the wiki and forums before posting!
    Checkout the Saiku, the future of Open Source Interactive OLAP(http://analytical-labs.com)

http://mattlittle.files.wordpress.co...-bananaman.jpg

Many thanks for the answer.
    But where in CDF dashboard designer? How it to start? I have made some reports and cubes. Has published them in biserver. Whether I can fast make of them now a portal? I think, is for this purpose necessary dashboard?
    Thankful in advance.

I read the documentation on CDF on a site, but have not understood, how to me fast to create dashboard with my reports and cubes. Advise, please, as it to make or where about it to read well.

Ruslan,

have a look at the CDF examples, each dashboard has it's own folder under CDF samples in the Pentaho Solution repository.

If you want to test the CDF Editor, have a look here. http://pedroalves-bi.blogspot.com/20...est-drive.html

Webdetails has also a CDF Tutorial for sale: http://store.kagi.com/cgi-bin/store....eID=6FHAR_LIVE

Hello.
    How much I have understood, *.xaction files I can create with the help Dashboard or DesignStudio. They open in a browser. But how to me these files to unite in one solution? *.xcdf and template.html files to create manually? And how the final decision to publish in biserver?
    Thankful in advance.

What is a solution from your point of view?

You can create reports with the Report Designer and Publish them to the BI -Server from within the Report Designer.

You can create xAction with the Design Studio and put them in the Solution Repository of the BI Server.

Both can be accessed via the BI Servers GUI - called Pentaho User Console PUC. I guess that's what you mean when you say they open in a browser.

If you want a Dashboard (which might use your reports or xactions), you can build that manually (create xcdf and template.html etc.) and put them manually into the Solution Repository on the BI Server by whatever means. (FTP etc.) There is an EXPERIMENTAL online CDF Editor that I mentioned above, that works directly on the BI Server's Soultion Repository.

Many thanks.
    I assumed that template is created by means of any application. Now to me, like, all is clear.
    I will understand with Dashboards components and to create my Dashboard.

Hello.
    Help, please, with one more problem. I have created and have published the report by means of Report Designer on a server. For me has formed *.xaction, *.properties, *.xml files. This *.xaction file opens by reference in a browser, but I cannot include it in the dashboard. How to me it to make?
    Thankful in advance.

Just use an xAction component. You'll find a sample in the CDF Documentation that is included in the BI server

BI Developers Exsamples/CDF/Documentaition/ComponentReference/Core Components/Xaction Component

Here is the source code of the example:

Code:
    var topTenCustomers = 
    {
      name: "topTenCustomers",
      type: "xaction",
      solution: "bi-developers",
      path: "cdf-samples/20-samples/home_dashboard",
      action: "topTenCustomers.xaction",
      listeners:["productLine", "territory"],
      parameters: [["productLine", null], ["territory", null]],
      htmlObject: "sampleObject",
      executeAtStart: true,
      tooltip: "My first dashboard"
    }
    Dashboards.init([topTenCustomers]);

Thanks.
    I used Xaction Component. I create the Dashboard on the basis of Map Dashboard. The cube has turned out to include in Dasboard, and the report is not present. The report place remains empty by call Dashboard. It seems to me that I incorrectly create .xaction by means of ReportDesigner. Here it:
    Attached Files Attached Files

I tried to make *.xaction by means of DesignStudio, but there was an error: SWT error. At a forum there is no accurate explanation how to rectify an error. Therefore I do *.xaction by means of Report Designer. Whether It is possible to do it?

It depends on the version you are using. If you are using 3.5 then not, prior 3.5 the Report Designer would generate xActions, too.

I use version 3.0. As I already wrote, at the publication on a server forms xaction, xml, properties files. I include xaction for the report in dashboard the same as and for a cube (I use Xaction Component). But the report cannot be included in dashboard.

Does the report xaction work outside the dashboard?

If yes, check the component settings again and make sure the component is listed in the Dashboards.init(); function.

Hello. I am sorry for absence.
    Yes, out of dashboard *.xaction work, but are necessary *.xml and *.properties files. In dashboard *.xaction do not work( Though I substitute the name on *.xaction which initially was present at a server, and this *.xaction works. It seems to me that I incorrectly publish the report on a server. But after all without dashboard it works! I in confusion.

The people, someone publishes reports on a server by means of Report Designer 3.0? Or all use Design Studio? Can by means of Report Designer publish incorrectly? Therefore I cannot add the report in Dashboard. The file structure xaction, published by means of Report Designer, differs from structure of files xaction which were on a server initially.

Sorry Ruslan, you totally confuse me.

If the xaction runs fine on the BI Server, why should it be published incorrectly? If the xaction runs on the BI Serve and displays the report, then you should be able to integrate it into a dashboard.

Hello.
    Forgive, I did not say that the publication of reports by means of Report Designer works incorrectly.
    But the report published by means of Report Designer, does not work with Dashboard. npo_top10_new.xaction file received by means of Reporter Designer, does not work in Dashboard. It is not produced any errors. A tag where there should be a report, empty.
    <span id = "report"> </span>
    xy-charting.xaction, which already was on a server, works in Dashboard. These xaction have different structure.
    I am simple in template.html I change the file name in parametre action. I am not too strong in xml. What do I do incorrectly?
    Thanks for patience.
    Attached Files Attached Files

The xaction looks fine to me.

Did you check the Pentaho log for any errors? You'll find it in ...Tomcat/bin/pentaho.log

By the way, did you set the path attribute correctly, too?

Because xy-charting is located in bi-developers/reporting/report-charts. I assume you did not put your xaction in the same folder.

Thanks for the answer.
    I have copied xy-charting in a separate folder with Dashboard. There I publish the report from Report Designer. Errors with paths should not be. In Pentaho log file at opening of mine Dashboard there is no record.
    I will try to solve an error with Design Studio and to publish the report with its help.
    Once again thanks.