Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

View Poll Results: How do you find this thread ?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excellent

3 42.86%
  • Good

3 42.86%
  • Ok

1 14.29%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: how to schedule prpt report for mail sending ?

Ok, how are you supposed to email the content, AND send it back to the browser?

Copying the example from kurtis above, you can email, but when you do that contentrepo stuff, you just get this back in the browser

Action Successfulcontent=content, /content//6dae9399-bee1-11de-962d-c5e9ef2ba08e, application/pdf

and this error:

2009-10-22 08:03:53,772 WARN [org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext] 6dae9399-bee1-11de-962d-c5e9ef2ba08e:RUNTIME:context-2108863468-1256198628477:COM-Rep-009.xaction Scope contentrepo is not recognized for parameter content.
    2009-10-22 08:03:53,772 WARN [org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext] 6dae9399-bee1-11de-962d-c5e9ef2ba08e:RUNTIME:context-2108863468-1256198628477:COM-Rep-009.xaction Scope contentrepo is not recognized for parameter content.

The query you select should be a query that returns the possible values for your prompt. It is very hard to show values for a drop-down selector, if you do not tell us where the values shall come from.
    The fact is that I do not really want to prompt anything. I want to pass the parameter from the xaction, so when I execute that file, automatically pass the proper string parameter, which should be the result from a query, but I guess that query should come from the xaction: that's the only approach I could follow taking in account my ultimate goal is to schedule that xaction, so I can schedule the email sending.

If you do not want to provide a query because you want your users to enter the ID freely, then use a text parameter.
    Same as before. I don't really to enter nothing, I want to automate that job.

- So, anyone know which approach should I follow?

- Is it true that the parameters (as understood at PRD3.5) can only apply to a kind of "choose one from below" way? So I cannot set an external parameter whose depends on a previous xaction query execution..?

Thanx for answering

Edit: I attach the xaction I'd use in case I could set external parameters to PRD3.5.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by hberges; 10-22-2009 at 05:15 AM.

@Codek: This is a question that should be asked in the BI-Server forum, as it is deep inside the guts of the XAction-processor.

@hberges: If you do not want the reporting engine to do the prompting, then dont define your parameter as drop-down. Stick with the text-field parameter-type that requires no query. Then define your Secure-Filter-Component as usual and declare the xaction-inputs for the Simple-reporting component that match your parameters so that the XAction-processor knows that there are parameter-values expected by the reporting-component.

A XAction for scheduled runs is no different from an XAction that is executed in interactive mode. The only difference is that the parameters are filled in at schedule time instead of being provided by the user at runtime.

Is it true that the parameters (as understood at PRD3.5) can only apply to a kind of "choose one from below" way? So I cannot set an external parameter whose depends on a previous xaction query execution..?
    No. Use a text-parameter. If you tell the engine (via the parameter-editor) that you want a parameter type that is driven by a datasource, then you get a parameter that is driven by a datasource. The "Text Box" type is what you seek.
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.

See the following post for Burst examples.

http://forums.pentaho.org/showpost.p...3&postcount=27

wvaibhav Guest

Default PRPT Mail sending instructions

Hi,

Thanks to all for support, now let us have a very quick instructions for mail sending for prpt in BI 3.5.
    • publish your prpt report on the server
    • copy and paste existing pentaho-solutions\bi-developers\reporting\unified-file-format\email_incomestatement_external.xaction file to your folder and open it in Pentaho Studio
    • Change following in input category
      • inputs --> sendTo --> to your mail ID,
      • resources --> report-definition --> brows to your prpt
    • Change following in process action category
      • SQL Query For Report Data --> copy and paste your query from PRD
    • Keep rest of the things as it is, save, refresh the solution repository and execute your xaction and check your mail, you should receive the mail with an attachment.
    • If mail delivery fails, check the smtp settings.
    • If you want to customize, then you can dig it more to have your look and feel.
    Wants more details, just study the existing .xaction file

Thanks
    Vaibhav Kumar

Sorry these are out of the way instructions for getting job done quickly.

wvaibhav Guest

Default scheduling email bursting

Hi

Anybody had a success in scheduled email bursting in BIserver CE ? Please let me know the procedure/way 2 do it.

Thanks
    vaibhav kumar

wvaibhav Guest

Default scheduling email-bursting

Hi All,

Following is the procedure in order to do scheduled mail bursting in BI Server.

• Publish a report from PRD on BI Server
    • Create a action sequence which sends out mail with attachment as pdf
    • Create a schedule from Pentaho Admin for mail bursting at specific interval
    • From BI Server associate created schedule to respective action sequence to send mail
    • Save the schedule and monitor for mail bursting

Hope it helps

Vaibhav Kumar

2nd step... How to create that action sequence??
    Do u have any example for that??

--Vishwesh

Quote Originally Posted by wvaibhav View Post
    Hi All,

Following is the procedure in order to do scheduled mail bursting in BI Server.

• Publish a report from PRD on BI Server
    • Create a action sequence which sends out mail with attachment as pdf
    • Create a schedule from Pentaho Admin for mail bursting at specific interval
    • From BI Server associate created schedule to respective action sequence to send mail
    • Save the schedule and monitor for mail bursting

Hope it helps

Vaibhav Kumar