Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Can I mail report without attachment file?

Default Can I mail report without attachment file?

I want to send the html format report without attachment in the mail.

But when I use design studio,I find the report content could not be embedded in HTML Message of "email process action"

Can anybody give a solution?

Yes, this is possible.
    Before you use the email step, create a report step and set the output to html, name the output (i.e. html_email_body).
    Go to the email step and in the html body text reference the output like this: <html_email_body>.
    I got this working, but sometimes it sends the html just fine, other times the email body has some binary stuff in it. I still need to fix this.
    Make sure you use inline-css in your report. You can set this in the report designer under preferences.
    Have a look at my tutorial for more detailed instructions, which you can find here.
    Best regards,
    Diddy

Default Thank you very much

You had solved two issues for me at once
    But I cant visit blogspot.com.Can you send me your article to my email address?

cg.cheng@ymail.com

Quote Originally Posted by diddy View Post
    Yes, this is possible.
    Before you use the email step, create a report step and set the output to html, name the output (i.e. html_email_body).
    Go to the email step and in the html body text reference the output like this: <html_email_body>.
    I got this working, but sometimes it sends the html just fine, other times the email body has some binary stuff in it. I still need to fix this.
    Make sure you use inline-css in your report. You can set this in the report designer under preferences.
    Have a look at my tutorial for more detailed instructions, which you can find here.
    Best regards,
    Diddy
    Last edited by cgcheng; 11-12-2009 at 10:34 PM.