Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Problems with pentaho formats

Default Problems with pentaho formats

Hi,

I need help, when I publish my reports there is a text field that has a dimension, but when she escapes are the words to half

example

Operations
    Oper.....

And How do I write the format to be a number like this?

. = Thousands separator
    ,= Decimal point and I have four numbers

I hope can help me

Regards.
    Last edited by Martillo; 12-02-2009 at 11:24 PM.

Hi,

Someone could help me please

Regards

Try to select the field , then in attributes , in common, there is a field called "format"
    try to see there.

Hope it helps you

Hi,

I am having a similar problem, and I am trying to use the format field in the attributes, but all my numbers are being displayed like 1.00000000000000000000000000 even when I specify #,###.00 as teh format (as an example). Any idea of why the format property may not be taking effect?

Thanks,

Fenn

Hi, I unchecked the data-format checkbox, and the format value that I had entered for the field in question was then used by the report. Looks like that data-format box will lock in any formatting done in the sql. Thanks, I think I am all set.

The "data-format" checked means, that the database/datasource provides the data-format.

If you are using Pentaho Metadata, then edit the Metadata schema to change the format that is fed into the reports. The idea behind that is that with Metadata datasources, there should be a company wide standard and that all reports using a certain field should actually display it in a consistent manor. So on Metadata datasources, the "data-format" checkbox is automatically checked.
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.