Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: CDF-DD tutorial

Default CDF-DD tutorial

Hello,

I am able to see the dashboard cdf in my console, it is working fine, but not able to understand when trying to save the template its throughing

Saving File:template.cdfde
    11:41:06,187 ERROR [DashboardDesignerContentGenerator] java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException -
    null

Please suggest me.

Where I can find the tutorial for the same, can i utilize cdf tutorial.

Parveen

Hi Parveen,

the CDF tutorial can be found and puchased here: http://store.kagi.com/cgi-bin/store....eID=6FHAR_LIVE

But that won't help you with CDF-DD, since it about coding the dashboards. Please remember, that CDF-DD is in an early develpment phase as Pedro points out in his blog.

In regards to saving dashboards, I found CDF-DD has problems with folder names that contain special characters or blanks. It's a known problem and being worked on.

If you like, add a comment to the existing JIRA cases or open up one with your findings: http://jira.pentaho.com/secure/Issue...ter/order=DESC

Best regards,
    Ingo

HI,

How can find the document of cdf-dd, i searched alot in the inetrnet, I am not able to understand, how can cdf-dd will be help full. Its becoming more complicated.

Please help me.

Parveen

Parveen,

there is no documentation of cdf-dd, yet. CDF-DD is the result of the work Pedro did with a client and is kindly donated as is to the community.

What is the benefit of a designer? You can design a dashboard without coding HTML and/or JavaScript. If that is more complicated is debatable, I found, once you got used to it, it's quite useful. Although, there is potential for improvements and ease of use.

If you don't like it, don't use it and stick to coding the dashboards in html/JS or try out Pentaho's Enterprise Edition and the included Designer.

Regarding saving templates. You don't have to use the template feature. Just save it as a dashboard instead, and use that like a template. If you want to help getting the problem sorted out, open a JIRA case with all available information to reproduce your problem.

I hope that post helped.