Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: PRD connection to SQL Server

Default PRD connection to SQL Server

Getting a message "Failed to open the connection: java.sql.SQLException: Unable to get information from SQL Server:". Did some Googling and arrived at "Why do I get a java.sql.SQLException: "Unable to get information from SQL Server" when trying to connect to an SQL Server instance?" http://jtds.sourceforge.net/faq.html#instanceGetInfo

Anyway, turned on "SQL Server Browser" but still getting message.

Any ideas?
    David

I've read about some problembs between the JTDS driver included with the distribution and the latest versions of SQL Server. If you're using MSSQL > 2000, you may want to try upgrading the driver.

A long shot, but easy enough to try...

Cheers!
    (en) Path to Pentaho knowledge: (1:Search the Wiki > 2:Search the Forums > 3:Ask) or (1:Get a Subscription)
    (es) El camino al conocimiento en Pentaho: (1:Buscar en la Wiki > 2:Buscar en los Foros > 3:Preguntar) o (1:Comprar una Subscripción)

Thanks for the reply. I'm using SQL Server 2008. Also, using what I think is the latest version of sqljdbc.jar.

David
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I'd give JTDS a shot. It works like a charm: http://sourceforge.net/projects/jtds...t.zip/download

Just be sure to remove the older version.
    (en) Path to Pentaho knowledge: (1:Search the Wiki > 2:Search the Forums > 3:Ask) or (1:Get a Subscription)
    (es) El camino al conocimiento en Pentaho: (1:Buscar en la Wiki > 2:Buscar en los Foros > 3:Preguntar) o (1:Comprar una Subscripción)