Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Ad-Hoc UTF-8 bugs

  1. #1

    Default Ad-Hoc UTF-8 bugs

    1. Report header has corrupt charset when exported to PDF. Other headers and data -- all OK.

    2. Using UTF-8 characters in conditions causes Preview to return no data. If this report is saved, then it works correctly (i.e. condition fires OK) if run from solution browser. But this report cannot be edited in WAQR -- the wizard does not show the third page with conditions (other wizard pages work fine).
    Example .xaction attached. Those crazy CDATA MQL sections make it difficult to track further. Seems like the bug is at server MQL processing side.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,010

    Default

    you should raise a jira, and make sure you state which server version this is with.

  3. #3

    Default

    I do not know how and where to commit Jira bug correctly.

  4. #4

    Default

    bi-server 3.0 CE tested
    I suppose that 3.5 also affected -- cannot test fast

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,010

    Default

    not hard; jira.pentaho.org, register, submit the bug, sorted.

    Dont suppose 3.5 has that issue though - it does have quite a few changes. But now is a good time to get the jira in because platform 3.6 will include some adhoc changes i believe.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    8,085

    Default

    For (1): Make sure your templates have the correct configuration settings to enable UTF and also make sure you use fonts that actually support the characters you want to print. Serif, SansSerif and Monospaced will *not* work.

    For (2): File a JIRA case for the BI-SERVER project. WAQR is known to have internationalization problems (due to the JavaScript framework used in it). In the end, it will be probably cheaper to just nuke the beast and start a clean WAQR from scratch.
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.

  7. #7

    Default

    Thanks a lot. Hope I will do it correctly enough.

  8. #8

    Default

    (1) Only the report header is corrupt. Other sections and headers are correct. We tried basic templates with no change to them and to the fonts properties. So it seems as the bug either in basic template or in the PDF exporting code (taken from Jaspersoft).

  9. #9
    pstoellberger Guest

    Default

    running saved adhoc reports with some special characters can be fixed through adding in CATALINA_OPTS= ... -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 in the start_pentaho.sh/.bat

    there are still some other encoding problems which i filed under http://jira.pentaho.com/browse/BISERVER-3103

    p.s: +1 on nuke WAQR and rewrite it!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    8,085

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pled76 View Post
    (1) Only the report header is corrupt. Other sections and headers are correct. We tried basic templates with no change to them and to the fonts properties. So it seems as the bug either in basic template or in the PDF exporting code (taken from Jaspersoft).
    Well, our PDF export uses iText, not jasperreports. Actually, we have a perfectly sane reporting engine and do not need to use a 3rd party tool to print page-header.

    Check your page-header's fonts - I bet they are not the same as the fonts used in the itemband.
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Privacy Policy | Legal Notices | Safe Harbor Privacy Policy

Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Hitachi Vantara Corporation. All Rights Reserved.