Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: The Pentaho Server can't recognize the new Component...

Default The Pentaho Server can't recognize the new Component...

I've built the project successfully, and I can access the pentaho server..

All above the steps are ok. And now I wanna test my new sample

component.(I have added component named DinoComponent at

bi-platform-plugin-actions Project) In fact I just imitated the

HelloWorldComponent and HelloWorldAction ,but I have changed the

serial version UID number, and so on..... when I start the server, and double click the

Dino.xaction file to test, I have received the following error message.

Failed Error: RuntimeContext.ERROR_0009 - Could not create component DinoComponent - java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: DinoComponent (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.Runt imeContext) Debug: Starting execute of bi-developers/sample/Dino.xaction (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.Sol utionEngine)
    Debug: Getting runtime context and data (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.Sol utionEngine)
    Debug: Loading action sequence definition file (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.Sol utionEngine)
    Debug: audit: instanceId=eb37566d-f9b6-11de-a6df-0d44ccab4d09, objectId=org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runt ime.RuntimeContext, messageType=action_sequence_start (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.Runt imeContext)
    Debug: validateComponent validating component DinoComponent (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.Runt imeContext)
    Error: RuntimeContext.ERROR_0009 - Could not create component DinoComponent - java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: DinoComponent (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.Runt imeContext)
    Error: RuntimeContext.ERROR_0006 - Action components do not validate: Dino.xaction (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.Runt imeContext)
    Error: SolutionEngine.ERROR_0006 - Action sequence validation failed (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.Sol utionEngine)

who can tell me why the Pentaho Server can't recognize my new component???
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hello, I've got simular problem

I’m novice in Pentaho. I’ve developed a simple custom component in Java extending org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.ComponentBase and compiled it in .class file.
    Further I try to use my component in my action sequence. I’ve copied .class file to the folder (in pentaho-solutions folder), where my .xaction sequence located.
    When I try to test my sequence, I’ve got next error:
    The Pentaho BI Platform reported an error while running an action sequence
    Possible Causes:
    org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.ComponentBase
    org/pentaho/platform/engine/services/solution/ComponentBase
    RuntimeContext.ERROR_0009 - Could not create component Component01
    Action Sequence:ProbaNew.xaction

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/pentaho/platform/engine/services/solution/ComponentBase

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.ComponentBase

What I’ve done wrong? Action sequence can see new class Component01, but couldn’t see class ComponentBase. In Documentation ”Building BI Suite Components” It’s written that component has to extend org.pentaho.plugin.ComponentBase, but as I saw in Javadocs ComponentBase is a class of package org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution and has to implement such methods as it written in this documentation.
    How can I properly deploy new Component to my BI Server. Documentation says nothing about it…