Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Problem while trying to publish repository

Default Problem while trying to publish repository

Hi all,

I installed yesterday the 3.5.1 entreprise edition of Pentaho on a XP pro without installing the samples.

I'm trying to provide access to my own DWH in the ad-hoc user interface. To do so, I created a model using Metadata editor and I'm trying to publish it to the server.
    My model just contains a few table (4). Security has been setup to authorize everybody to do anything with the model.

I created a solution folder under C:\Program Files\pentaho\server\biserver-ee\pentaho-solutions using the the User console.
    The problem is, that when I publish it with the good solution with the right user and password (regarding to the other posts of the pentaho forum), an error occurs : "Unable to save file (metadata.xmi) to server. Correct any server, id, or password errors and try again."

Next tries, the metadata editor first says that a metadata.xmi file already exist and ask for replacing or not and if I say 'Yes' the error occurs again.
    Note that the file is finally under the solution folder so the save step works well.. but the model doesn't appear in user console and I'm wondering why I'm getting this error.

Log file says :
    2010-02-18 08:20:33,843 ERROR [org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/pentaho].[RepositoryFilePublisher]] "Servlet.service()" pour la servlet RepositoryFilePublisher a généré une exception
    com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.StreamException: : Invalid byte 2 of 3-byte UTF-8 sequence.

Note that there is no accent or weird characters in my model name or tables names or columns names...

Can anybody help please?

Thanks in advance.

Same here...
    Does anybody have a solution ?
    Thanks a lot
    Vincent

You could try to find out what's going on with the metadata.xmi file's encoding. You may use the "file" command (usually available in GNU/Linux, or available for Windoze here.

Cheers!
    (en) Path to Pentaho knowledge: (1:Search the Wiki > 2:Search the Forums > 3:Ask) or (1:Get a Subscription)
    (es) El camino al conocimiento en Pentaho: (1:Buscar en la Wiki > 2:Buscar en los Foros > 3:Preguntar) o (1:Comprar una Subscripción)