Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Error with JNDI in reports

Default Error with JNDI in reports

Hi,
    I have a JNDI defined in Pentaho admin console. It work fine with jPivot but with reports, i receive error If i use the JNDI name in .xaction file.

[es_14] Error: ConnectFactory.ERROR_0001 - [es_1] Database connection could not be established to: myjndi

To solve this, I must put the connection string inside the .xaction file using tags <driver> <user-id><connection>

I need to user jndi in reports too, like in jpivot. I must to define jndi in other configuration files of Pentaho beside admin console?

Thanks

no, thats weird, it should work if it's setup in admin console.

do you have the full error trace? does testing the connection in console work?

You need to identify if it can't find the jndi connection, or if it thinks there's something wrong with it! I suspect the latter...

This is the log:

[es_161] Error: SQLBaseComponent.ERROR_0007 - [es_258] Connection to data source is not valid (org.pentaho.platform.plugin.action.sql.SQLLookupRule)
    [es_116] Debug: [es_21] Starting execute of htom_quirofanos/reporting/LEQ-a7dias-nhc.xaction (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.SolutionEngine)
    [es_116] Debug: [es_30] Getting runtime context and data (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.SolutionEngine)
    [es_116] Debug: [es_33] Loading action sequence definition file (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.SolutionEngine)
    [es_116] Debug: [es_34] audit: instanceId=2a4e64b9-67e0-11df-8579-2f86a30ac28c, objectId=org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext, messageType=action_sequence_start (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    [es_14] Error: ConnectFactory.ERROR_0001 - [es_1] Database connection could not be established to: datoscli - org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot get a connection, pool exhausted (org.pentaho.platform.plugin.action.sql.SQLLookupRule)
    [es_161] Error: SQLBaseComponent.ERROR_0007 - [es_258] Connection to data source is not valid (org.pentaho.platform.plugin.action.sql.SQLLookupRule)
    [es_161] Error: RuntimeContext.ERROR_0012 - [es_33] ActionDefinition for SQLLookupRule did not execute successfully (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    [es_161] Error: SolutionEngine.ERROR_0007 - [es_27] Action sequence execution failed (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.SolutionEngine)

presume you've fixed it now, but the answer is there - pool exhausted. you need to set higher values for max active / max connections in the pool. Maybe for some reason your datasource hasnt picked up the default values for these params?

Hi,
    I didn't fixed it. How I set a higher for max active / max connections in the pool?

Other question. Why this run fine in JPivot but not in reports?

Thanks.

dunno, jpivot using a different pool? what version of the platform is this, maybe it's leaking connections somehow? Also what db is this?

I defined a JNDI in the administration console and that is jpivot use without any problem, but it don't works in reports.

With JNDI the report don't work. I must put the complete conexion configuration in the .xaction file of the report to run this fine, like this:
    <live><![CDATA[true]]></live>
    <driver><![CDATA[com.informix.jdbc.IfxDriver]]></driver>
    <user-id><![CDATA[usuario]]></user-id>
    <password><![CDATA[password]]></password>
    <connection><![CDATA[jdbc:informix-sqli://1.1.1.1:1527/bd:INFORMIXSERVER=server]]></connection>

With example reports (steelwheels), reports works fine whit jndi, so I think I must modify some configuration file, maybe simple-jndi?

I use pentaho 3.0 with Tomcat application server.