Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Errors in CDF Samples under version 3.5 of platform

Default Errors in CDF Samples under version 3.5 of platform

After installing version 3.5.0 of the platform none of the CDF samples in the BI Developer Examples/CDF folder is working correctly for me.

Examples in SteelWheels are working fine.

When I try the CDF samples I get errors such as:

Object type select can't be mapped to valid class
    Object type radio can't be mapped to valid class
    Object type xaction can't be mapped to a valid class

Any thoughts on what would be causing this ?

Thanks

why are you installing an old version? How are you installing? Download from sf and launching?
    Pedro Alves
    Meet us on ##pentaho, a FreeNode irc channel

I have been trying to solve this issue for the past 3 weeks, prior to 3.5.2 coming out. I downloaded the latest version (at the time) from sourceforge and then unzipped it on my linux environment. I previously was running version 2.0..0 stable. I deleted all files in /pentaho-demo and below before unzipping version 3.5.0.

I can't get my own CDF dashboards to work under version 3.5.0 that do work under version 2.0.0 because I am getting some HTTP 404 errors. In a previous post you suggested to me that the url's had changed and I should look at the CDF samples.

So, then when I attempted to execute the CDF samples I get the errors noted in this post.

So in the end I am trying to get my own CDF dashboards to work but since the samples don't even work I must have a problem with the installation.

I can certainly always just start over and grab version 3.5.2. and see if things correct themselves, but I hate doing things like that where I don;t know what the problem really was...like rebooting just because.

Can't help when I don't know what you did. The samples should work, no use in trying to make your stuff work before that
    Pedro Alves
    Meet us on ##pentaho, a FreeNode irc channel