Dear Kettle developers,

As you probably figured out by now, the Kettle 4 release is a pretty big deal to Pentaho and its customer and partner ecosystem but also to you and a lot of users begging for it to come out.
So let me give you a quick update on where we are.

The coming 2-3 weeks will be spent on fixing the most obvious defects. Then we'll release a "Preview Release" to satisfy the hordes of people wanting to test-drive it.
This release will not be supported by will hopefully give us good additional defect data that we can then fix in the weeks after.
Around the second or third week of April we'll release our release candidate and the stable release of PDI is scheduled to hit the market in mid-may.

As usual, this means that if there are any additional urgent changes that you need to put in this new release, please do so before the end of the month, the sooner the better.
Translation work and i18n can continue indefinitely. However, please remember to verify any obvious glaring i18n mistakes there might be left over from the work we did.

Thank you for your continued support and hard work!

Matt
--
Matt Casters <mcasters (AT) pentaho (DOT) org>
Chief Data Integration
Fonteinstraat 70, 9400 OKEGEM - Belgium - Cell : +32 486 97 29 37
Pentaho : The Commercial Open Source Alternative for Business Intelligence

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "kettle-developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to kettle-developers (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to kettle-developers+unsubscribe (AT) googlegroups (DOT) com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/kettle-developers?hl=en.