Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: How to debug the mantle?

Default How to debug the mantle?

The PUC version is biserver-ce 3.5. I try to debug mantle in eclipse, but I can't step into the codes. Though I configurate the tomcat, locate the path to E:\pentaho\tomcat-pci-test\biserver-ce\tomcat. Does anyone know how to do this?

You can only debug a gwt-application (like mantle) if you run it in hosted-mode. there is a .launch configuration to do that.
    If you run it on server it is allready compiled to javascript and won't ever execute your java code (except the serverside code)

Quote Originally Posted by mgie View Post
    You can only debug a gwt-application (like mantle) if you run it in hosted-mode. there is a .launch configuration to do that.
    If you run it on server it is allready compiled to javascript and won't ever execute your java code (except the serverside code)
    Thanks mgie. I have tried to run in hosted-mode but only to find an exception come from swt-win32-3235.dll:
    Code:
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: org.eclipse.swt.internal.ole.win32.COM.SysAllocStringLen([CI)I
        at org.eclipse.swt.internal.ole.win32.COM.SysAllocStringLen(Native Method)
        at org.eclipse.swt.ole.win32.Variant.getData(Variant.java:539)
        at org.eclipse.swt.ole.win32.OleAutomation.invoke(OleAutomation.java:472)
        at org.eclipse.swt.ole.win32.OleAutomation.invoke(OleAutomation.java:448)
        at org.eclipse.swt.browser.Browser.setUrl(Browser.java:1430)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserWidget.go(BrowserWidget.java:308)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.SwtHostedModeBase.launchStartupUrls(SwtHostedModeBase.java:163)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.HostedModeBase.run(HostedModeBase.java:402)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.HostedMode.main(HostedMode.java:232)
    java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: SysAllocStringLen, it seems like the dll has not the function SysAllocStringLen. So I don't know what I should do. Change version or dll file?

I change my IDE to debug and find myeclipse 7 doesn't work, but Galileo doesn't report the dll error.
    When I debug, I find:
    Code:
    [ERROR] Unable to create file 'E:\pentaho\mantle\war\mantle\Thumbs.db'
    java.io.FileNotFoundException: war\mantle\Thumbs.db (access denied。)
        at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method)
        at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:179)
        at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:131)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.util.Util.copy(Util.java:176)
        at com.google.gwt.core.ext.linker.impl.StandardLinkerContext.produceOutputDirectory(StandardLinkerContext.java:453)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.HostedMode.link(HostedMode.java:457)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.HostedMode.doStartup(HostedMode.java:353)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.HostedModeBase.startUp(HostedModeBase.java:584)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.HostedModeBase.run(HostedModeBase.java:397)
    Code:
    [WARN] Unknown type 'org.pentaho.mantle.client.commands.CommandExec' specified in deferred binding rule
    [DEBUG] Checking rule <generate-with class='org.pentaho.mantle.rebind.CommandExecGenerator'/>
    [ERROR] Unable to find type 'org.pentaho.mantle.login.client.MantleLoginEntryPoint'
    [ERROR] Hint: Check that the type name 'org.pentaho.mantle.login.client.MantleLoginEntryPoint' is really what you meant
    [ERROR] Hint: Check that your classpath includes all required source roots
    I try to put all the required source into the debug configuration. But another exception occure:
    Code:
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: org.eclipse.swt.internal.ole.win32.COM.SysAllocStringLen([CI)I
        at org.eclipse.swt.internal.ole.win32.COM.SysAllocStringLen(Native Method)
        at org.eclipse.swt.ole.win32.Variant.getData(Variant.java:539)
        at org.eclipse.swt.ole.win32.OleAutomation.invoke(OleAutomation.java:472)
        at org.eclipse.swt.ole.win32.OleAutomation.invoke(OleAutomation.java:448)
        at org.eclipse.swt.browser.Browser.setUrl(Browser.java:1430)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserWidget.go(BrowserWidget.java:308)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.SwtHostedModeBase.launchStartupUrls(SwtHostedModeBase.java:163)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.HostedModeBase.run(HostedModeBase.java:402)
    Y?

Default how to debug Mantle that comes from an svn PentahoBI checkout...?

I've followed the prashatrju tutorial on how to customize the PUC, so i've checked out the ServerBI source code using svn.

What i wanted to do is to add a new button to the launch page, and to associate with it a new Command (MyNewCommand.java for example).

The problem that i face is that my new function called from LaunchPanel.java could not be found on the *.cache.html files generated by the GWT compiler, thus my button doesn't execute my defined command!

So, How could i debug the mantle application that comes from a checkout of ServerBI source code...?

Thank you all for your help!