Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Paginated xaction

Exclamation Paginated xaction

Hi,

I'm facing problem with pagination of prpt report which is called by xaction (SimpleReportingComponent). after some days i've spent for searching how to activate pagination for prpt report through xaction. I found the way without using "Pentaho Report" action. I'm using PojoComponent with supplying "paginateoutput" and "acceptedpage" as input parameter for report to inject those values to SimpleReportingComponent object. I've successfully done that and the report is paginated but I desperate when finding that there is no pagination control displayed in report. Some body can halp me with that problem? I'm Using Pentaho BI Platform 3.5 also the latest Classing Report 3.5

regards
    Surya IG

Pagination is not implemented nor supported for XActions.
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.

Hi Taqua,

Thank you for your reply, Do you mean that xactions can't show paginator control? Because I've created xactions that support paging by supplying those two inputs (paginateOutput and acceptedPage) and it shows correctly but I've not idea why doesn't paginator control show in report viewer.

regards
    Surya IG

The pagination control was solely written for the prpt-only mode of the reporting system. XActions have a rather freestyle way of handling parameters and generating prompts and that makes it hard, if not impossible, to write a generic UI for it that is backward compatible to the old system.
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.

Taqua,

If I want to use pageTemplate for filtering like in sample for SteelWheels report can we auto iterate available input fields for report?

regards
    Surya