Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Running Jasper Reports on BI Server

Default Running Jasper Reports on BI Server

Is there a documented solution to getting existing jasper reports (.jrxml files) to run on the Pentaho BI Server? I have found several other posts on this topic, but I can't find one where the question is answered. I setup an action sequence to reference my jasper solution. I've configured my JNDI connection and referenced it in the component definition of the xaction. I'm using the JasperReportsComponent.

I've looked thru my logs, but the error messages are not helpful.

Thanks for any ideas anyone has on this.

pstoellberger Guest

maybe the error messages are not helpful for you, but for people who could help

so i suggest you post them ;-)

the jasperreports component is currently cleaned up and transformed into a plugin by the way

maybe it works already in a bleeding edge version of the platform from http://ci.pentaho.com/view/Platform/job/BISERVER-CE/

good luck

-paul

Quote Originally Posted by pstoellberger View Post
    maybe the error messages are not helpful for you, but for people who could help

so i suggest you post them ;-)

the jasperreports component is currently cleaned up and transformed into a plugin by the way

maybe it works already in a bleeding edge version of the platform from http://ci.pentaho.com/view/Platform/job/BISERVER-CE/

good luck

-paul
    sorry I couldnt actually locate the download which comes with the jasper plugin here? can you point to an exact link?