Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: HELP Security - UserRoleListService Interface

Default HELP Security - UserRoleListService Interface

Hi - if you can help sooner rather than later would be good

I am currently working on a project to refresh an old Pentaho 1.7 BI server implementation to a new shiny 352 version.

The old one has some custom security code written for it and once class is a class which implements UserRoleListService (import com.pentaho.security.UserRoleListService).

Of course this interface has not existed for a while and I cannot find anything in the current set of jar's which might be an equivalent.

There is import org.pentaho.platform.engine.security.userrole.UserDetailsRoleListService but this is a class and not an interface.

Does anyone have any guidance if there is an interface which replaced the UserRoleListService one or whether I have have the correct replacement class in UserDetailsRoleListSerivice, and now have to try use this while not having to rewrite the entire in-house security code

Thanks

Default Think I Found It

of course after some time of searching and then resorting to typing a help request, I then immediately find

import org.pentaho.platform.api.engine.IUserRoleListService;

Please if anyone knows if this is the new implimentation could they just confirm.

thanks

Yes, org.pentaho.platform.api.engine.IUserRoleListService represents what used to be com.pentaho.security.UserRoleListService.