Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: JasperReport.ERROR_0003 - JDBC driver not specified

Default JasperReport.ERROR_0003 - JDBC driver not specified

Hi,
    when I execute a jasper report from design studio I have the error:
    Error: JasperReport.ERROR_0003 - JDBC driver not specified. (org.pentaho.platform.plugin.action.jasperreports.JasperReportsComponent) Debug: Starting execute of SIACO//Jasper.xaction (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.SolutionEngine)
    Debug: Getting runtime context and data (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.SolutionEngine)
    Debug: Loading action sequence definition file (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.SolutionEngine)
    Debug: audit: instanceId=e4bb231c-47e0-11df-aab8-29ff5376be5c, objectId=org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext, messageType=action_sequence_start (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    Debug: validateComponent validating component JasperReportsComponent (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    Debug: Component alias JasperReportsComponent will be resolved by the platform (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    Debug: Validating component for action Jasper.xaction (org.pentaho.platform.plugin.action.jasperreports.JasperReportsComponent)
    Debug: imageUrl is "{0}"getImage?image= (org.pentaho.platform.plugin.action.jasperreports.JasperReportsComponent)
    Debug: imageDir is "{0}"system/tmp (org.pentaho.platform.plugin.action.jasperreports.JasperReportsComponent)
    Debug: removeEmptyRows is {0}true (org.pentaho.platform.plugin.action.jasperreports.JasperReportsComponent)
    Error: JasperReport.ERROR_0003 - JDBC driver not specified. (org.pentaho.platform.plugin.action.jasperreports.JasperReportsComponent)
    Error: RuntimeContext.ERROR_0006 - Action components do not validate: Jasper.xaction (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    Error: SolutionEngine.ERROR_0006 - Action sequence validation failed (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.SolutionEngine)

I don't understand because with Ireport the report is ok.
    Can you help me ?

Giovanni

Hi must user the JNDI connection. I must define the JNDI connection from the Administration Console.

With the JNDI connection I have a java null point exception. I have upgraded the jar of jasper and now I can execute the xaction.
    Giovanni

pstoellberger Guest

as far as i know the jasper report component is being updated for the next biserver release.. so more or less up to date libs are being shipped instead of the old ones

I have Jasper Report 3.5.0 and Pentaho 3.5.2. In the Pentaho 3.5.2 there are old jar files.
    Giovanni

pstoellberger Guest

yeah, the earliest update of the jasper component would be in 3.6

please have a look at: http://forums.pentaho.org/showthread.php?t=75918