Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Problems with public scheduling of reports

Default Problems with public scheduling of reports

Hi,

First off, I've had all this working once, so this is probably something I've done at some point Pentaho version is 3.5.0.stable.39705

If I create a new (public) schedule in the admin console, assign the schedule to the report, set the privs appropriately, there are no on screen error messages and the log files are clear. However when I try to subscribe to the schedule I get a java null pointer error.

I've had a look in the .../system/content/... directory tree and there is no directory for that report. I do have an existing report which does have a directory structure in there and I can subscribe to that without problems.

I've checked file permissions and everything else I can think of, but with no error messages I'm stumped. Has anyone got any ideas?

Just in case its useful for anyone else....

I've now chased this down to an issue subscribing to publicly scheduled reports which are in the 'top level' of a solution repository E.g. ..../steel-wheels/ and I've logged it in Jira.

I've just found a workAround to this :

1- If you publish your report to the root folder the Scheduling wont work !
    2- if you publish your report to a "Reporting" folder inside the root folder the Scheduling still wont work !
    3- if you publish your report to a folder other than the "Reporting" folder the Scheduling still wont work !

to get the Scheduling work :

1- You're obliged to publish your report to a "Reporting" folder that you should have created in your solution folder !

Recapitulation (tested with Manual-3.5.2 and PCI-3.5.2) :
    1- Dont publish your report but in a "Reporting" folder inside your solution folder !
    2- Dont publish your report in the root folder, or even in a "Reporting" folder contained in the root folder !

Good luck !

It's seems to be hard-coded someWhere !

if you find it Share it !

Thank you all !