Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: HOWTO disable access of new users

Question HOWTO disable access of new users

Hi!
    Can someone help me with this issue?
    I have installed th 3.52 version, I have created new users but the problem Im facing is that the new users can access to the SteelWheels & SampleData Cubes, Im wondering if they can only access to those "%mondrian.xml" files according to th permission set thru the GUI.

I have deleted the Authenticated Role from all the folders I see in the User Console, in order to not let the new users to access those folders, but they can still access the cubes.

How can I do that?

Thanks in advance!

I guess you're talking about not being able to create new analysis view from the console. For them not to be able to access them that way you need to remove them from the "biserver-ce/pentaho-solutions/system/olap/datasource.xml" file. Unfortunately, that will remove them for everyone.

You will still be able to use the cubes by direct reference, of course.

Cheers!
    (en) Path to Pentaho knowledge: (1:Search the Wiki > 2:Search the Forums > 3:Ask) or (1:Get a Subscription)
    (es) El camino al conocimiento en Pentaho: (1:Buscar en la Wiki > 2:Buscar en los Foros > 3:Preguntar) o (1:Comprar una Subscripción)

aabadi,

It isn't clear to me what you want to do. Authenticated role removal isn't a good option. In my opinion, a viable option would be to simply give the right roles to the right folders. I think it's very simple. If don't want to see the cubes contained in the sample folders why don't remove the unwanted roles from that folders?

Regards
    S.
    Follow Me on Twitter: sramazzina
    My Skype account: sramazzina
    My Blog
    View my profile on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/sramazzina
    Author of Pentaho Data Integration Kitchen How-To and Pentaho Business Analytics Cookbook

Join us on IRC server Freenode.net, channel ##pentaho ##saiku

Thank you both for the information!
    I have removed the roles from those folders, but Im still having the chance to create a new Analysis View, I can still access the cube.
    On prior versions this was resolved by removing the roles as you mention, but in 3.52 it doesnt work.

Do you have other idea ???

Thanks

If you refer to removing the from datasources.xml not working, it is working for me. Did you refresh the system settings and/or restart the platform?
    (en) Path to Pentaho knowledge: (1:Search the Wiki > 2:Search the Forums > 3:Ask) or (1:Get a Subscription)
    (es) El camino al conocimiento en Pentaho: (1:Buscar en la Wiki > 2:Buscar en los Foros > 3:Preguntar) o (1:Comprar una Subscripción)

Sorry, removing from datasources.xml, yes it works. The problem is that I wont have access to those cubes either.
    What I need is to have different cubes accesibles by different roles.
    Thanks

Well, what I mean is this: if you remove them from datasources.xml, then people can only access the cubes via xactions created by you. It's not like the cubes are not accesible at all. So, if you give access to these xactions only to the roles you want, you should be able to solve your problem...

I think this is fundamentally a glaring oversight by the PUC developers.
    For an enterprise-class system with full ACL capability, not to allow deployers to decide which role can or cannot create new items, is simply... odd.

Please create a JIRA case at jira.pentaho.com and file it under Pentaho BI Server.