Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Redeploying Pentaho & solutions to another server

Default Redeploying Pentaho & solutions to another server

Hello again,
    I searched for this in the wiki and forums but couldn't find a place where it was already discussed.

Say I have a development server for Pentaho solutions, and then I want to transfer some of them to a different server. How would I go about it?

In particoular, I'd like to transfer users, db connections, and authorizations on single documents, without having to resetup everything from the Administration Console. Where is this information stored?

A part of this, am I correct that I can just copy the whole biserver-ce and administration-console folders (as they are out-of-the-box, except the modified conf/server.xml and webapps/pentaho/WEB-INF/web.xml), plus the folders of the individual solutions I am interested in.

Thank you for your help.

PS.
    We have localized the user console in Italian. In particoular these files:
    - mantleLogin/messages/MantleLoginMessages_it.properties
    - mantle/messages/messages_it.properties
    - jsp/puclogin.jsp
    - mantle/launch/launch.jsp
    - adhoc/js/common/ui/messages/nls/it/message_strings.js
    - adhoc/js/ui/messages/nls/it/message_strings.js
    If anyone is interested just let me know.
    Last edited by SCP; 05-04-2010 at 05:08 AM. Reason: Added PS

If you have deployed db based repository then you need to transfer that as well along with the physical directory structure.

Quote Originally Posted by varungaur82 View Post
    If you have deployed db based repository then you need to transfer that as well along with the physical directory structure.
    No, each solution is a subfolder in pentaho-solutions, but I suspect user/db info & co are stored in pentaho's own db, which brings the question "how can I transfer that" (the easiest and quickest way if possible).

Update:
    Am I correct supposing that HSQLDB tables (containing users and other data) are stored in memory and recreated at each startup by executing the hibernate.log file?
    If that's the case, is it sufficient to copy such file to the new location and start the server normally to get the same setup of the source system? Or is there something location/time dependent?

Remember one thing while moving the directory structure of bi-server, you don'e have to move log, work and tmp directories with it.

Quote Originally Posted by varungaur82 View Post
    Remember one thing while moving the directory structure of bi-server, you don'e have to move log, work and tmp directories with it.
    Noted, thanks.

Any help with the db part?
    In the end we'll just have to try, but I'd like not to mess up everything