Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crosstab With Totals

Default Crosstab With Totals

HI there,

have devoloped a crosstab report which is working fine, but i want to add some more fileds as TOTAL, AVG for my crosstab report so how can i accomplish that for eg if my report is like this

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    RollNumber---Subject1---Subject2---Subject3---Total
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -------1-------------10-------------20-----------30-----
    -------2-------------20-------------60-----------30-----
    -------3-------------40-------------50-----------30-----

if i have this in cross tab it works fine but how will i add the TOTAL Column

awaiting for your replies

regards
    Nayeem
    Regards
    Nayeem

Wouldn't these aggregates normally be pulled from your cube or calculated in your query?

If you have done the cross tab the old way this might be of help: http://forums.pentaho.org/showthread.php?t=64279

Good luck

Wil
    SQL: as much of a standard as the English language

Default Got Solution Here

Hey there here am with the awesome solution for the crosstab with totals under (MS-Server), u need to do little tricky query have a look at this which works perfectly

HTML Code:
    declare @TableTest table(RowNo int,OrderNumber int null,RollNumber nvarchar(1000),Subjects nvarchar(1000),Marks int)
    DECLARE @NoOfRows INT; 

insert into @TableTest(RowNo,RollNumber,Subjects,Marks)
    select ROW_NUMBER() OVER(ORDER BY b.SSAY_RollNumber, b.SUB_Name),b.SSAY_RollNumber, b.SUB_Name, a.STM_Marks
    from
    (select SUB_ID, SUB_Name, SUB_StandardID,SSAY_RollNumber,SSAY_UserID from tblSubject,tblSchoolStandard,tblSection,tblStudentSectionAcademicYear where 
    SUB_StandardID = SCLSTD_StandardID and SCLSTD_ID=SEC_SchoolStandardID and SSAY_SectionID=SEC_ID and SEC_ID=1
    and SUB_Deleted=0 and SUB_Active=1 and SUB_Type=0
    )b
    left join
    (select STM_Marks,STM_StudentID,SSAY_RollNumber,STM_SubjectID from tblStudentTestMarks,tblStudentSectionAcademicYear
    where SSAY_UserID=STM_StudentID and SSAY_SectionID=1 and STM_TestID=29)a
    on b.SUB_ID=a.STM_SubjectID and b.SSAY_UserID=a.STM_StudentID
    order by b.SSAY_RollNumber, b.SUB_Name
    SET @NoOfRows=@@ROWCOUNT

select ROW_NUMBER() OVER(ORDER BY GETDATE()),RollNumber,'Total',SUM(Marks) from @TableTest group by RollNumber

select ROW_NUMBER() OVER(ORDER BY GETDATE()),RollNumber,'AVG',AVG(Marks) from @TableTest group by RollNumber

declare @NoSubjectsIncrement int
    set @NoSubjectsIncrement=(select COUNT(*)-2 from (select distinct Subjects from @TableTest) a)

declare @SubjectStop int;
    set @SubjectStop=@NoSubjectsIncrement;
    declare @CurrentRow int;
    set @CurrentRow=1;
    declare @OrderNo int;
    set @OrderNo=1;

while @CurrentRow<=@NoOfRows
    begin
        update @TableTest set OrderNumber=@OrderNo where RowNo=@CurrentRow    
        set @OrderNo = @OrderNo + 1
        --Check If One Count is Done
        if(@CurrentRow = @SubjectStop)
            begin            
                update @TableTest set OrderNumber=@OrderNo where Subjects='Total' and RollNumber IN (select RollNumber from @TableTest where RowNo=@CurrentRow)    
                update @TableTest set OrderNumber=@OrderNo where Subjects='AVG' and RollNumber IN (select RollNumber from @TableTest where RowNo=@CurrentRow)                
                set @SubjectStop = @SubjectStop + @NoSubjectsIncrement;
            end

--Increament Row Pointer
        set @CurrentRow =  @CurrentRow + 1        
    end

select RollNumber,Subjects,Marks from @TableTest order by OrderNumber

now u can have any type of columns like (TOTAL, AVG, MIN, MAX) cheers
    Regards
    Nayeem

One more issue here is when i execute this query using Native connection it works fine but when publish the report and set the report connection to JNDI the report displays "Report validation failed.".........

is there some thing difference in executing MS-Sql Server Quries in Native AND JNDI mode... if yes then whts the difference..... please let me know
    Regards
    Nayeem

JNDI is not magic, it is just a different way of aquireing a connection.

If your report fails on the server, check your log, check that you use the same JDBC driver in the server and PRD and finally check your JNDI/Pentaho Datasource connection definition in both PRD and server and see that they are the same.
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.

Thanks for the reply...

the thing is in the query what i have stated works fine with JNDI when i remove all those staff and only left with the select query particularly the if i remove the Temporary table which i have used "select * from @TableTest"............

if i remove this Temporary table and use select query works fine with JNDI

but when i include it that will displays the error as "Report Validation Failed" wht may be the suspect

is this functionality not supported with JNDI does the features are limited which i have used inside the query, i mean to say is there limitation in writing query when we use JNDI
    Regards
    Nayeem

The server-side JNDI uses connection pooling, so you may not get a new connection when the report runs. Again, check your log, see what the exact JDBC-error is. If the error is something like "table already exists" then maybe try to drop/undeclare the table before starting to put values in.
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.

the table which i have declared is a variable it doesn't need to be undeclared or anything once the operation is finished its done...........
    and am not getting any errors in logs the report just displays "Report Validation Failed"
    Regards
    Nayeem

Hi there, am still waiting for your replies.,,,,,, please brief me the cause for my problem
    Regards
    Nayeem