Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Base.ERROR_0002 - Component execution failed

Question Base.ERROR_0002 - Component execution failed

Hi Guys,
    I am working on a xaction where it fetches a user list and according to the use name it should call a PRPT file and generate report in PDF format and finally attach it to a email and send it to them. I have gone through all the articles and forum topics and configured my output accordingly.

problem is the PRPT step is failing with the following error. but when I attach a simple PRPT file with a few labels in it it works file. I know for certain that the problem is with my original PRPT file, but figure it out.

When I run my original PRPT file out side of the xaction it works fine. can anybody help me on this.

Error: Base.ERROR_0002 - Component execution failed - java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.PojoComponent)Debug: Starting execute of RepTest//ifolder_burst.xaction (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.SolutionEngine)
    Debug: Getting runtime context and data (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.SolutionEngine)
    Debug: Loading action sequence definition file (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.SolutionEngine)
    Debug: audit: instanceId=f556dd4d-748f-11df-ad0c-850e58f1d967, objectId=org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext, messageType=action_sequence_start (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    Error: Base.ERROR_0002 - Component execution failed - java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.PojoComponent)
    Error: RuntimeContext.ERROR_0012 - ActionDefinition for SimpleReportingComponent did not execute successfully (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    Error: SolutionEngine.ERROR_0007 - Action sequence execution failed (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.solution.SolutionEngine)

Server Version: Pentaho Platform Engine Core 3.5.2.stable.41050

More about my PRPT file.

01. all the datasouces for the report is configured in the PRPT file it self.
    02. it accepts 2 parameters
    03. when I run it outside of the xaction, it takes about 10 seconds to give the output.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by mmDush; 06-10-2010 at 09:13 AM.