Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: [xaction] Running a Kettle transformation which uses a plugin?

Default [xaction] Running a Kettle transformation which uses a plugin? [SOLVED]

Hi all,

I have a kettle transformation that uses a plugin (exactly Weka Scoring plugin). I can run this transformation from PDI, but I didn't succeed running it from an xaction. I'm also able to run other kettle transformation as long as no plugins are involved.

I guess that I have to define somewhere in the BI configuration the plugins to be used by Kettle (or even copy the files), but I don't see any clue in the pentaho-solutions/system/kettle directory that points me in the right direction).

The error I get is this:

Error: Kettle.ERROR_0015 - Could not load transformation transformation-file from resource C:\Pentaho3\biserver-ce\pentaho-solutions\solution\Test\weka1.ktr - org.pentaho.di.core.exception.KettleXMLException: Error reading object from XML file Unable to load step info from XML step nodeorg.pentaho.di.core.exception.KettleStepLoaderException: Unable to load class for step/plugin with id [WekaScoring]. Check if the plugin is available in the plugins subdirectory of the Kettle distribution. Unable to load class for step/plugin with id [WekaScoring]. Check if the plugin is available in the plugins subdirectory of the Kettle distribution. (org.pentaho.platform.plugin.action.kettle.KettleComponent)

Any idea?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT:

PDI version 3.2.0
    BI server version 3.5.2
    Last edited by fnavarro; 06-16-2010 at 07:38 AM.

Well, I already figured it out.

Just copy the whole plugins directory from PDI to /pentaho-solutions/system/kettle