Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Reporting Bug

Default Reporting Bug

I have made a report in which I am passing the startdate and enddate parameters. there are few months which doesn't contain data but but has the date column from which I take startdate and enddate.
    I am making a time series line chart in which if I want all the blank months to be plotted on my X-Axis. but it not doing so.

Basically my short question is that "How to plot the time interval for multi series line graph showing the null data in dates on X-Axis."

It fulfills this requirement while I have only one series which I specify in chart definition parameter as "seris by value" but it doesn't show me the null dates' value when I specify "series by field"!!!!
    Last edited by varungaur82; 06-24-2010 at 02:55 AM.

Use a XY-line-chart and missing dates are inserted automatically.

If you use a categorical chart, then only the dates that are specified are actually used.
    Be aware that XY-charts need a TimeSeriesCollector and that the TimeSeriesCollector requires Date-columns. So if you have just strings that look like dates, you are not going to be happy.
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.