Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: jboss/pentaho startup error

Default jboss/pentaho startup error

I'm trying to manually deploy pentaho on jboss 4.2.3. I've already built and deployed the WAR files and JBoss will start for me, but I'm getting a ridiculously long pentaho-related error.

Code:
    17:56:40,057 INFO  [STDOUT] 17:56:40,053 ERROR [BasicLazyInitializer] Javassist Enhancement failed: org.pentaho.platform.engine.security.userroledao.PentahoRole
    java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Can not set static javassist.util.proxy.MethodFilter field org.pentaho.platform.engine.security.userroledao.PentahoRole_$$_javassist_0._method_filter to org.hibernate.proxy.pojo.javassist.JavassistLazyInitializer$1
        at javassist.util.proxy.ProxyFactory.setField(ProxyFactory.java:356)
        at javassist.util.proxy.ProxyFactory.createClass3(ProxyFactory.java:339)
        at javassist.util.proxy.ProxyFactory.createClass2(ProxyFactory.java:312)
        at javassist.util.proxy.ProxyFactory
    17:56:48,904 INFO  [STDOUT] 17:56:48,904 ERROR [Logger] Error end:
    17:56:48,905 ERROR [STDERR] Pentaho BI Platform server failed to  properly initialize. The system will not be available for requests.  (Pentaho Platform Engine Core 3.6.0-GA.41813) Base Url =  http://localhost:8080/pentaho/, Solution Path =  /opt/prod/biserver-manual-ee-3.6.0-GA/biserver-manual-ee/pentaho-solutions

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,

I got past this error by removing the javassist jar file from jboss and copying the one from the pentaho.war/WEB-INF/lib folder in its place.

I now have another error that I am trying to solve, which I believe comes down to:

Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javax.xml.namespace.QName.<init>(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/StringV
    at org.apache.axis2.engine.DispatchPhase.<clinit>(DispatchPhase.java:300)
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)

I think there is a QName class conflict somewhere...

And I found it...

delete the pentaho.war/WEB-INF/lib/wsdl4j-qname-1.6.1.jar

Thanks so much for the reply.

I actually found a different fix for the javassist error. I edited the jboss/server/default/deploy/ejb3.deployer/META-INF/persistence.properties file by changing the following line:

hibernate.bytecode.provider=javassist

changed to

hibernate.bytecode.provider=cglib

I did get the same QName class conflict error that you were talking about after that and removed the file that you mentioned. Everything seems to be working now

This resolved my issue as well with Pentaho 3.6 and JBoss 4.2.3
    I changed hibernate.bytecode.provider and removed pentaho.war/WEB-INF/lib/wsdl4j-qname-1.6.1.jar