Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: report validation failed

Default report validation failed

Hi folks,

I'm taking the first steps with report publishing.

The Problem I ran into is:
    After publishing the report on the bi server, when I open it I just get an error message saying:
    Code:
    report validation failed
    or a "file not found" type of error.
    Only the plain text output works.

The report previews fine in PRD 3.6 GA

Any ideas?

How can we answer without knowing what is in your report .May be the problem in parameter.

Well actually it happens with every report

If you are using JDBC connectivity to connect to the database, I would recommend you check the IP address you specified when you created the report in the data source connections with the database server's IP address.

I too having th esame issue. My report contains no parameters but still I am facing the problem. Dis any one have solution for it

Thanks
    Mahadevan

If you are using the latest version of the server then you will find a lot of chatter about the parameter validations in the server logs.
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.

Exclamation Dependencies

From the Community Edition Documentation:

"Note: The Pentaho Reporting engine requires a graphical environment in order to create charts.
    If you are installing the BI Platform onto a headless Linux, BSD, or Solaris server and do not have
    X11R6 on it, you should install the Xvfb package on your server to satisfy the charting dependency."
    Last edited by ColemanTO; 01-27-2011 at 12:46 PM. Reason: attribution to source

There is no need for a *running* X11 server these days. Just make sure you run your tomcat in headless mode (see jdk-doc for details) and everything is fine. You still may need a few support packages to make it smooth, like the fonts shipped with your distribution, but X11 itself is not a hard dependencies (since the introduction of JDK 1.4 almost 10 years ago).
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.

Switching from OpenJDK to Sun-JDK cleared up this problem for us--it did require a restart of Tomcat.

Quote Originally Posted by ColemanTO View Post
    From the Community Edition Documentation:

"Note: The Pentaho Reporting engine requires a graphical environment in order to create charts.
    If you are installing the BI Platform onto a headless Linux, BSD, or Solaris server and do not have
    X11R6 on it, you should install the Xvfb package on your server to satisfy the charting dependency."

Hello

I am new in PRD. I have created some reports and I have connected database through Mysql JDBC.After that I published it into BI server. Now the reports are working fine in my localhost. After that I configured these reports to the client server same as my local. In server also these reports are working fine for some time, after that in server every reports are showing reports validation failed error. Can any one help me about this problem.Please reply asap its very urgent.