Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Pass parameters from one report to another

Question Pass parameters from one report to another

Hi community

I need pass some parameters from one report to another... I don't know how I could connect the 2 reports?

In some webs I read that I have to put the parameters in the URL, but I am newbie and I don't know where put this URL and which is the format of the URL...

My idea is in the first report put a image and configure this img with a hyperlink adding the parameters for the second report, but I don't know which can be the format of this hyperlink... can do it this?

how I could recover the parameters in the second report?

Please help me... I'm so frustrated because nothing works to me with the hiperlynks...

Thank you a lot...

P.S.
    I'm working with these solutions:
    - My Data Mart is in MySQL
    - I use the Pentaho Bi-Server ce 3.5.0 RC2 and
    - Pentaho Report Designer 3.5.0 or Pentaho Report Designer 3.6.1 (I have this two versions)

Kind Regards and Thanks again!

Hi masters

I'll done put the hyperlik in an image of the first report and later when click this image (in my web pentaho/home), I'll made open the second report... and the URL contain the parameter from the first report...

The configure of this URL is:
    ="http://localhost:8080/pentaho/content/reporting/reportviewer/report.html?solution=SSEA&path=/Reportes%20Generales&name=students.prpt&PAR_RUTJC="&[id_jc]

Now, my problem is that I can't recover the parameter: PAR_RUTJC in the second report...
    Anybody knows... how can I'll do this?

Please help me...

Thanks All!

Last edited by SirCoyote; 07-08-2010 at 04:49 PM.