Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: New TOC-feature and pdf-bookmark

Default New TOC-feature and pdf-bookmark

Hi there!
    I just tried the new table of content feature described on thomas' blog. It is really cool for html-reports. But can it be used for generating pdf-bookmarks somehow?
    I know there is a pdf-bookmark property on bands. This generates a toc in a pdf which links correctly to the bands in the report but always shows the same value (seems like I can't use [fieldname] there). Any news on this one?

Hmm.. PDF bookmarks work here. Did you specify a static string in the value column or did you add a style-expression?
    A static string will never ever change, as being of static value is the point of setting a static string
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.

well, i thought i used a style expression but it seems to be interpreted as a static text.
    What would be the correct style expression to display the current value of the grouping-key?

=[your-field]

and if you have more than one field to show, then append them with "&", as we need a single string here.

=[your-field] & " " [another-field]

Be aware that these *are* field references, not the names of your group.
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.