Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Notes automatically grouping in 4.0.0

Default Notes automatically grouping in 4.0.0

I just installed Kettle 4.0.0. One of the 1st things I noticed was that when I add notes to a job or transformation, they're automatically grouped together, i.e. when I drag a note all the other notes move with it.

Is there a way to un-group the notes? Is there a way to turn off the automatic grouping?

I can't really see what this functionality is adding and the reason for this change from previous versions.

hmmm, that's not the case at all on my side (Running under Windows 7). On which platform are you running Kettle?

Maybe a dummy question (Have to ask ) but are you sure only one note is selected when moving it and that you haven't selected more than one?

Just verified that the notes move separately on Windows XP 4.0.0

However, the highlighting is fairly indistinct when you have multiple selected and it is reasonably easy to select more than one.

Hello guys,

I am running XP.

I noticed this is only happening in jobs and not transformations.

When I create a new note in a job, at 1st it is not selected. After I click on this new note, it is selected and grouped with the other notes. After this, I am not able to un-select any of the notes and move them individually.

I have also tried to use in the right click menu "Clear selection" and this does not un-select the notes.

In a transformation these functionalities works fine.
    Last edited by rygas; 07-13-2010 at 01:30 PM.

You are correct. It seems impossible to unselect notes once selected or only select one.

This is a bug and should be posted into JIRA

It seems that the creation of a note within a job use the "old" process since you can't change right away the font and color like the way you can within a transformation. However, if you go back and edit the note, then you can change theses attributes. Might be worth mentionning within the JIRA case as well.