Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Pentaho BI Server 1.7 xls

Default Pentaho BI Server 1.7 xls

Hello all

Apparently I figured something out with excel output in Bi Server 1.7. It is possible there is a jira ticket floating out there saying that only html will come but that's not true. I tried before to follow this:

http://wiki.pentaho.com/display/Repo...ParameterNames

but this didn't help at least as far as Bi 1.7 is concerned. With xactions in 1.7 it is possible to do. Basically you have to pass in outputType not 'output-type' but before passing it in you have to in xaction change it like this take a look at attached picture.

Point of this post is not a question but I am just providing info if someone needs it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

The wiki page mentioned only applies to 3.5 and later.

I do not care much about adding historical information to the wiki. Version 1.7 is ancient. If the page or posting mentions reporting-plugin, parameters or anything related to inline-subreports, attributes, attribute-expressions, barcodes, sparklines or prpt files then be assured that you need BI-server 3.5 and PRD 3.5 for it.
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.

Quote Originally Posted by Taqua View Post
    The wiki page mentioned only applies to 3.5 and later.

I do not care much about adding historical information to the wiki. Version 1.7 is ancient. If the page or posting mentions reporting-plugin, parameters or anything related to inline-subreports, attributes, attribute-expressions, barcodes, sparklines or prpt files then be assured that you need BI-server 3.5 and PRD 3.5 for it.
    By the way its good that you mention this. Does 3.5 and later provide something entirely new from 1.7 or is it just mostly bug fixes? I know 3.5 and later handles the prpt but besides that?

well, why not give it a shot? The setup is pretty easy and straight forward. I´m sure you will not regret it!

regards,
    Iande

Quote Originally Posted by unico View Post
    well, why not give it a shot? The setup is pretty easy and straight forward. I´m sure you will not regret it!

regards,
    Iande
    Oh no I have 3.6 bi running on my other vm it's just my higher ups are not ready to go there. I was just merely asking whats new that's all.