Hi there!

I am pretty new to Pentaho and do some first steps to generate some reports. At this moment i have a problem connecting to my oracle-xe test database running on localhost. When i fill the form to create a new database in the report-designer with the connection-info the following error occurs, when i hit the test button:

Code:
Error connecting to database: (using class oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver)
Listener refused the connection with the following error:
ORA-12505, TNS:listener does not currently know of SID given in connect descriptor
The Connection descriptor used by the client was:
127.0.0.1:1521:testdb
The oracle-page to this error shows the following:
Code:
The listener received a request to establish a connection to a database  or other service. The connect descriptor received by the listener  specified a SID for an instance (usually a database instance) that  either has not yet dynamically registered with the listener or has not  been statically configured for the listener. This may be a temporary  condition such as after the listener has started, but before the  database instance has registered with the listener.
I think, the SID must be the XE-string, which i have to append somewhere in the connectionstring when i connect from other applications. But i do not find the place in the form where and how to insert insert the string. Connecting to Postgres work pretty good.

Thank you for your help

Uwe

PS: System is openSuse 11.1, Report-Designer 3.6, Oracle 10.2g