Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: table input step is not accepting parameter

Default table input step is not accepting parameter

Hi All,

I am developing a Kettle transformation in version 4.0 with following steps.

table input1 -> table input2 -> update step.

Here i'm passing values(i.e parameters ) from table input 1 to table input 2.
    I have selected table input step1 at "insert data from step" option of table input2 step and enabled execute for every row option.

At update step,we are not able to see any fields from table input step2 and it is giving error looks like "unable to get the fields from SQL statement".

any idea,why this is not working or am i doing any mistake?

Please help me on this.

Thanks,
    Vinay

mmmm is not ok from me... try this
    job --> transformation1 --> transformation2

transformation1

table input--> copy rows to result

transformation2 (enable in this transformation the option "execute for every row")

get rows from result --> table input--> update or insert

Thank you very much for your quick reply.
    it is little bit difficult to change existing transformations into your logic becuase i have so many tranformations similar to this and all are working fine in version 3.1. Please find attached sample transformation i have developed in version 3.1 and it was working fine.same transformation is not working in version 4.0.

Please let me know you suggestions.

Thanks,
    Attached Files Attached Files

mmmmm try with the step "select values" before table input and map the values... but... I'm not sure. I would try separating transformations

Have you tried to change Table Input 2 to Database Join?

I have not tried with database join,because if i use join i will get lot records at a time,instead of small number of records.it was working with version 3.1 and not working in version 4.0.now we are planning to upgrade to version 4.0.

Thanks in advance,

Thanks,

The description of Database Join is: Execute a database query using stream values as parameters.

So, I think it could work. Good Luck.

Thank you very much,
    let me try that option and get back to you with results as soon as possible.

Thanks,
    Vinay

Database join step is working fine, but How can control the number of times database join step executions? like execute every row option in table input step?
    I have another problem not related to table input steps,but it related to applying XSLT on files in a folder, for this i have developed a job similar to run_all job in Kettle samples,that job also not working in PDI 4. in PDI 4 Kettle provided sample for run_all tranformation is also not working on my system. i don't know why it's not working on my system.

I need some suggestions on this migration from 3.1 to 4.

Thanks,