Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: a problem with Carte and PDI repository

Question a problem with Carte and PDI repository

Hi,

the prerequisits: I'm using Kettle 4.0.0 and try to execute a job or transformation remote on a carte server.

I get an error message from carte that I doesn't find the repository:
    Code:
    There was an error posting the transformation on the remote server: 
    org.pentaho.di.core.exception.KettleException: 
    I couldn't find the repository with name 'pentaho'
    org.pentaho.di.trans.TransExecutionConfiguration.<init>(TransExecutionConfiguration.java:647)

Actually I didn't find any use for the repository name, every team member sets it deliberately since it is connecting (from Kettle) and fetching the same repository no matter what name / description is used, as long as server, database and DB-user used are correct.

Is the "original" repository name referenced by carte stored somewhere in the repository?

Carte user documentation doesn't give any hint about a local config for carte or something like that to access a repository.

Thanks for any hint solving this,
    Reinald

Hi,

Any update on this?
    I am getting a similar error on our Unix installation of Pentaho Data Integration Engine 4.2.1.GA.
    How did you solve this Reinald?

Thanks,
    Sanja

Sanja,

Please refer to http://wiki.pentaho.com/display/EAI/...cution+of+jobs especially about the section that explains the repositories.xml file. This is used so the carte server knows your repo config. When starting carte on the command line, it also displays the repositories.xml file it reads (it may be in the directory containing carte.sh/bat) on the console.

Once repositories.xml is set up correctly, the carte server should see the repository alright.

Cheers
    Slawo