Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: UDJC - Extra Classes

Default UDJC - Extra Classes

I am trying to figure out how I can instantiate a "Extra Class" in the User Defined Java Class from in the "Processor" class.

I tried setting a package name in ExtraClass_0 and then import it the "Processor" class, but I have had no luck. I imagine I am missing something obvious, so I would love if anyone could provide an example or point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
    Dan

DEinspanjer Guest

It looks like the current version of UDJC isn't going to support that use right now. It needs to either compile the classes in dependency order or compile them all at once. Right now, it doesn't do either of those.

I'd suggest filing a bug so we can look at enhancing it in a future version.
    I was just reading through the Janino documentation and found that the newest version supports Java 1.5/1.6 syntax as well so that will be a nice addition.

Thumbs up

DEinspanjer,
    Thank you for your comments. I have created Jira Issue PDI-4413. I think a short term solution would be to just compile this into a jar file and put it in the libext directory. Not as flexible, but should hold me over until this feature is implemented

- Dan