Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: inconsistency MYSQL database and transformation

  1. #1

    Default inconsistency MYSQL database and transformation

    I have defined a table LNK_KLIK in a MYSQL-database and in the table is a column called LNK_KLIK_HU_HER_ID. I used this definition in a transformation and I realized the column name was incorrect and changed it in LNK_KLIK_HUB_HER_ID.
    As I also changed the transformation with the new name in the lookup step where I needed the specification of the table and run the transformation there is a error message:
    FIELD [LNK_KLIK_HUB_HER_ID] couldn't be found in the table.
    What is the reason for this message as the definition is correct, according to the MYSQL-database? Is there something wrong in my repository?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    810

    Default

    Kettle caches information about your db schema. Right click the db-connection in Kettle and select "clear cache".

    Cheers

    Slawo

  3. #3

    Default

    I tried that several times, but no result. More possible solutions.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    810

    Default

    another option is to close Kettle, delete the file db.cache from ~/.kettle/ directory and start kettle again.

  5. #5

    Default

    thank you Slawomir,
    By deleting the db.cache file the problem was solved

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Privacy Policy | Legal Notices | Safe Harbor Privacy Policy

Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Hitachi Vantara Corporation. All Rights Reserved.