Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Salesforce Integration

Question Salesforce Integration

Hi All!

I'm a brand new Kettle user, and so far I'm really excited to incorporate this tool into my work. Ultimately, I'm hoping to use it to sync up Salesforce tables with a Teradata data warehouse. I've had no issues syncing to Teradata (so far), but am having some trouble from the SF side.

After putting in a SF input with my login credentials, and successfully testing the connection, I am unable to return any rows to preview.

I get the following stack dump:

Code:

org.pentaho.di.core.exception.KettleException: 
    We failed to initialize at least one step.  Execution can not begin!

at org.pentaho.di.trans.Trans.prepareExecution(Trans.java:737)
     at org.pentaho.di.ui.trans.dialog.TransPreviewProgressDialog.doPreview(TransPreviewProgressDialog.java:135)
     at org.pentaho.di.ui.trans.dialog.TransPreviewProgressDialog.access$000(TransPreviewProgressDialog.java:47)
     at org.pentaho.di.ui.trans.dialog.TransPreviewProgressDialog$1.run(TransPreviewProgressDialog.java:80)
     at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:113)
    Has anyone else had this issue? Any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

can you please tell us :

- which version of PDI are you using

Thanks

Samatar
    Samatar

Sorry...I'm using the 4.0.0 community version of Kettle in a Windows XP environement. I am running "spoon.bat".

Thanks!

So anyone have any ideas? I tried downloading the SF plugin and using that too, but it didn't work...

Any suggestions on where I can start looking?

Thanks in advance!

I found that you have to specify at least one valid field name in the Fields tab of the transform or I get the same error details that you are showing.

I think Ross has it - I remember similar issue - if you hit "get fields" button prior to preview then you should get the full field set OK.

Ross and jbeal, thanks so much! It worked and off and running :-)

Really appreciate the help!

Default Salesforce integration with teradata

Hi ,

I am Neha Chaudhary working as Salesforce Developer . I have done Salesforce Integration with Java app and now looking for the way to connect Salesforce
    with teradata . I have no idea about this.

Can you please provide me some steps that I need to follow in order to make teradata integration . If you can provide me some docs ,I would be very
    thankful .

Regards,
    Neha

Quote Originally Posted by acovato View Post
    Hi All!

I'm a brand new Kettle user, and so far I'm really excited to incorporate this tool into my work. Ultimately, I'm hoping to use it to sync up Salesforce tables with a Teradata data warehouse. I've had no issues syncing to Teradata (so far), but am having some trouble from the SF side.

After putting in a SF input with my login credentials, and successfully testing the connection, I am unable to return any rows to preview.

I get the following stack dump:

Code:

org.pentaho.di.core.exception.KettleException: 
    We failed to initialize at least one step.  Execution can not begin!

at org.pentaho.di.trans.Trans.prepareExecution(Trans.java:737)
     at org.pentaho.di.ui.trans.dialog.TransPreviewProgressDialog.doPreview(TransPreviewProgressDialog.java:135)
     at org.pentaho.di.ui.trans.dialog.TransPreviewProgressDialog.access$000(TransPreviewProgressDialog.java:47)
     at org.pentaho.di.ui.trans.dialog.TransPreviewProgressDialog$1.run(TransPreviewProgressDialog.java:80)
     at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:113)
    Has anyone else had this issue? Any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

I am Sasikumar working as Teradata Developer . Can you please provide me some steps that I need to follow in order to make teradata integration with Pentaho (Need to know about how to connect pentaho with Teradata). If you can provide me some docs ,I would be very thankful .