Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Developing New Chart Properties

Default Developing New Chart Properties

Hi,

I want some chart properties in cdf that are not defined in wiki.. probably my own.. to function the way I want..

Example:

For Pie chart label and its formatting, we do not have any properties (Or at least I dint find any).

So I would like to develop it...

All I want to know is in cdf, how to declare a property and define its functionality....

Help Please..

Thanks & Regards

Not an easy answer.

CDF tries to expose what pentaho's jfreechart implementation offers. But extending it is very painful. If it's something supported by pentaho that cdf doesn't expose, it's doable. If not... it's hard to do
    Pedro Alves
    Meet us on ##pentaho, a FreeNode irc channel

I added some properties to jfreechart component but, as Pedro already said, these properties were supported by the existing implementation of jfreechart in pentaho.
    In any case if that is your case you find a little tutorial on what I made and how here http://ramathoughts.blogspot.com/201...component.html

Regards

S.
    Follow Me on Twitter: sramazzina
    My Skype account: sramazzina
    My Blog
    View my profile on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/sramazzina
    Author of Pentaho Data Integration Kitchen How-To and Pentaho Business Analytics Cookbook

Join us on IRC server Freenode.net, channel ##pentaho ##saiku

Hi,

Thanks..

I went through the blog.. that was great! I can make use of it whenever I need now... thanks..

Currently what I require is pie chart label properties..
    ie. show-labels => true/false
    label-format => {1} ({2})

like it is available in prd-ce-3.6.0-stable..

Is it possible to use those properties in cdf?

Thanks & Regards

As we said, if the Pentaho implementation for JFreeChart exposes that properties you're looking for then you can expose them using the methods I detailed in my article.

In your case remember that the JFreeChart component implementation made by Pentaho exposes only a property named display-labels that corresponds to your show-labels but there isn't anything that behaves like your property label-format (someone corrects me if I'm wrong).

That is the only property you can expose through CDF (it isn't implemented at the moment). You can quickly check all the properties that can be used looking at the code. It is very easy. If you need further details write me privately at sergio.ramazzina@serasoft.it.

Regards

S.
    Follow Me on Twitter: sramazzina
    My Skype account: sramazzina
    My Blog
    View my profile on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/sramazzina
    Author of Pentaho Data Integration Kitchen How-To and Pentaho Business Analytics Cookbook

Join us on IRC server Freenode.net, channel ##pentaho ##saiku