Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Major Problem: Transaction hangs on 4.0.1

Default Major Problem: Transaction hangs on 4.0.1

Environment:
    0S X 10.6.4
    PostgreSQL 8.4
    Kettle 4.0.1
    Java 1.6

I've got a transformation that runs inside of a transaction and uses an Insert/Update step. It runs fine on 3.2.0. The transformation claims to run without trouble and finish, however nothing is written to the database. When I look at pg_stat_activity, I see "<IDLE> in transaction". The only thing that will cause the transaction to complete (rollback) is quitting Spoon. If I run the transformation outside of a transaction, it completes and the database is in the correct state.

I'm attaching a small transformation that demonstrates the problems. Guess I can't upload CSVs, so here's the transaction_test.csv file contents:

Code:
    foo,bar
    totally,awesome
    And the table is simply
    Code:
    create table public.transaction_test(foo text, bar text)
    Thanks, let me know if I should open a bug.

David

transaction_test.ktr
    Last edited by djantzen; 08-11-2010 at 11:19 PM.

Did you get it resolved?? I'm facing a simmilar issue with 4.0.1. Just wanted to know if you have any pointers on how to go about it.

Guys

Any idea as to when this would get resolved?? I'm not at all able to work with rollback mechanism with 4.0. The moment I make it DB transactional, the transformation stops running. If I remove it, it executes properly. I tried applying the patch provided in Jira but with little luck. It also says that it is "Ready for testing" in 4.1 GA. Is there any way to get that release or even the source? as I was still seeing the same RC build in SF and not able to get the GA in which the resolution has been applied.

Kindly suggest.

N

Hi there,

If you want to try bleeding edge builds, get them from the continuous integration server:
    http://ci.pentaho.org/view/Data%20In...on/job/Kettle/

If you'd like to have a look at the source, check out trunk from here:
    svn://source.pentaho.org/svnkettleroot/

Cheers

Slawo