Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Integration with Pentaho

Exclamation Integration with Pentaho

I was Trying to create a Report from Penthao report designer source i taught was Hive layer.

when i had a quick search on this, i was ended with this
    http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hive/HiveJDBCInterface

after following the steps mention in the above URL
    in step 5
    $ sh reporter-designer.sh
    when i try to execute the above command , It triggered the error like this.
    Please someone Pentaho guru shed lights on this

java -XX:MaxPermSize=512m -cp .:/opt/hadoop/hadoop/hadoop-0.20.2-core.jar:/opt/hive/conf:/opt/hive/lib/antlr-runtime-3.0.1.jar:/opt/hive/lib/asm-3.1.jar:/opt/hive/lib/commons-cli-2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:/opt/hive/lib/commons-codec-1.3.jar:/opt/hive/lib/commons-collections-3.2.1.jar:/opt/hive/lib/commons-lang-2.4.jar:/opt/hive/lib/commons-logging-1.0.4.jar:/opt/hive/lib/commons-logging-api-1.0.4.jar:/opt/hive/lib/datanucleus-core-1.1.2.jar:/opt/hive/lib/datanucleus-enhancer-1.1.2.jar:/opt/hive/lib/datanucleus-rdbms-1.1.2.jar:/opt/hive/lib/derby.jar:/opt/hive/lib/hive_anttasks.jar:/opt/hive/lib/hive_cli.jar:/opt/hive/lib/hive_common.jar:/opt/hive/lib/hive_contrib.jar:/opt/hive/lib/hive_exec.jar:/opt/hive/lib/hive_hwi.jar:/opt/hive/lib/hive_jdbc.jar:/opt/hive/lib/hive_metastore.jar:/opt/hive/lib/hive_serde.jar:/opt/hive/lib/hive_service.jar:/opt/hive/lib/hive_shims.jar:/opt/hive/lib/jdo2-api-2.3-SNAPSHOT.jar:/opt/hive/lib/jline-0.9.94.jar:/opt/hive/lib/json.jar:/opt/hive/lib/junit-3.8.1.jar:/opt/hive/lib/libfb303.jar:/opt/hive/lib/libthrift.jar:/opt/hive/lib/log4j-1.2.15.jar:/opt/hive/lib/stringtemplate-3.1b1.jar:/opt/hive/lib/velocity-1.5.jar:launcher.jar -jar launcher.jar
    No protocol specified
    ERROR [08-13 09:55:31,878] - UncaughtExcpetionsModel.addException
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment
    at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:169)
    at java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment.getLocalGraphicsEnvironment(GraphicsEnvironment.java:68)
    at sun.awt.X11.XToolkit.<clinit>(XToolkit.java:89)
    at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:169)
    at java.awt.Toolkit$2.run(Toolkit.java:834)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.awt.Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit(Toolkit.java:826)
    at sun.swing.SwingUtilities2$AATextInfo.getAATextInfo(SwingUtilities2.java:120)
    at javax.swing.plaf.metal.MetalLookAndFeel.initComponentDefaults(MetalLookAndFeel.java:1556)
    at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicLookAndFeel.getDefaults(BasicLookAndFeel.java:130)
    at javax.swing.plaf.metal.MetalLookAndFeel.getDefaults(MetalLookAndFeel.java:1591)
    at javax.swing.UIManager.setLookAndFeel(UIManager.java:514)
    at javax.swing.UIManager.setLookAndFeel(UIManager.java:554)
    at javax.swing.UIManager.initializeDefaultLAF(UIManager.java:1317)
    at javax.swing.UIManager.initialize(UIManager.java:1406)
    at javax.swing.UIManager.maybeInitialize(UIManager.java:1394)
    at javax.swing.UIManager.getDefaults(UIManager.java:633)
    at org.pentaho.reporting.designer.core.ReportDesigner.setLookAndFeel(ReportDesigner.java:359)
    at org.pentaho.reporting.designer.core.ReportDesigner.main(ReportDesigner.java:270)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
    at org.pentaho.commons.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:11

The message tells you, that no X-environment was found.
    Possible reasons are:
    a) you logged on to the pentaho-server and didn't enable X-forwarding (check ssh config and start a local X-server before logging into the system)
    b) set DISPLAY environment properly
    c) use "java.awt.headless=true" as additional property (I think you need to edit report-designer.sh to do this; refer to: http://java.sun.com/developer/techni...ktop/headless/)

HTH,

Tom

A GUI editor like PRD cannot run in headless mode, as that mode says: I do not want a GUI. But otherwise Tom is spot on - X11 is not there or your X11 client environment is not configured correctly.
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.

@Taqua:
    Err... right, running the PRD in headless mode is senseless
    ... I remembered this property for using it within the Pentaho-Tomcat Server as I experienced some problems viewing reports on a linux box without X...

Thanks taqua.
    pointing me in a right direction.